Fusion Academy Htw: The Woodlands
Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and high school where positive relationships unlock academic potential.
All courses are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom.
This allows teachers to personalize curriculum and teaching for each student's individual strengths, interests, and learning style.
Our supportive campus environment is a unique space that includes a state-of-the-art recording studio, mixed-media art studio, and a Homework Caf where students complete all homework before going home.
Schedules are customized for students to enroll at any time and take classes at a time of day that works best for them.
From algebra to yoga and everything in between, we have classes available at essential, college prep, and honors levels to meet your student's academic goals, whatever they may be.
Fusion students are all unique but have one thing in common: traditional school doesn t work.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 41 students
- Average class size: 1 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and high school where all classes are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom. This allows for the personalization of curriculum and instruction for each student's individual strengths, interest, and learning style.This unique, relationships-based education model began with one school in Solana Beach, CA, and now there are over 30 campuses across the country in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.Each campus is unique but has a similar vibe and culture as the original Solana Beach campus. It includes a state-of-the-art recording studio and mixed-media art studio for students to express their creativity. There are also two Homework Caf spaces, one silent and one social, where students complete their homework before leaving for the day.The educational experience at Fusion is completely customized to ignite a student's passion for learning. Classes are self-paced, and course materials are presented in ways that suit students individual interest, strengths and challenges. It was modeled around the needs of students who weren t finding their place in more traditional school environments whether they struggled with mild learning differences, social issues, the rigid scheduling of more traditional schools, or the boredom of a classroom not geared to accelerated learners.From algebra to yoga and everything in between, Fusion offers over 250 middle and high school courses, all of which meet state standards. Classes are available at three levels: essential, college prep, and honors. Fusion teachers have also created classes for students if there is something students would like to learn that isn t available in their catalog, while still adhering to state standards.Along with personalized curriculum, Fusion's one-to-one teaching model also allows for the customization of scheduling. Students may enroll at any time of the year, and take classes at a time of day that works best for them, which appeals to students who have demanding schedules outside of school because of sports or artistic involvement.Some students enroll full time, while others utilize Fusion's tutoring and mentoring services. Their tutors are their teachers who are passionate about and have mastered their subject matter. Families also turn to Fusion to support their homeschooling efforts by taking classes for credit like world languages and lab sciences.While it's impossible to put our students into categories, we generally serve students with the following backgrounds: ADHD, accelerated/gifted learners, dyslexia, mild learning differences, social challenges, school anxiety, or students with challenging schedules. Students who attend Fusion have one thing in common: traditional school isn t working.
Endorse Fusion Academy Htw: The Woodlands. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.