5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (803) 787-1899
- For more than 20 years, Harmony School has offered a unique, multi-year curriculum of Montessori, Waldorf and inquiry-based learning — plus arts and music — in self-paced, multi-age classrooms.
- We help children explore and develop their individual capabilities while teaching problem solving and respect for others.
- Our program instills kindness and nurtures a sense of belonging and community.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $4980 to $5300 depending upon program level. Aftercare is available for additional $140 per month.|
- At Harmony School, we feel each child’s unique qualities should be nurtured. We view each child as an individual with needs and abilities that differ from other children. Every child has his or her own learning style, special talents and unique gifts. We individualize instruction to address each child’s special qualities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 34 students
1220 Woodrow St
Columbia, SC 29205
(803) 256-4794 2.2 PK-K
- Columbia Grades: PK | 147 students
1101 Balsam Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
(803) 772-2262 5.6 PK
- Columbia Grades: NS-6 | 142 students
411 South Maple Street
Columbia, SC 29205
(803) 783-8838 3.4 NS-6
- Columbia Grades: PK-K | 71 students
1050 Wildwood Centre Dr
Columbia, SC 29229
(803) 699-9988 8.3 PK-K
Overall an outstanding school - curriculum is unique blend of philosophies, kindergarten is well-above public school programs and the elementary school is one-of-a-kind with weekly field trips, hands-on learning experiences and fantastic experiential learning opportunities. Very small class provides one-on-one time with superb instructors.
- Posted by Parent - 29045
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.