The Timmerman School
- The Timmerman School believes the child is an eager and willing participant in the action of learning if given a stimulating and nurturing environment.
- To foster this desire, the faculty, staff, and administration of Timmerman strive to provide a safe, creative, thought-provoking atmosphere in which a child can learn to wonder, question, create decision making skills, and comprehend the meaning and function of the world around him or her.
- The development of self discipline, resourcefulness, responsibility, respect for others, and respect for self is, therefore, fundamental to the school's educational philosophy.
- It is the goal of the school to produce graduates with highly developed thinking skills who are well grounded in all fundamental academic disciplines.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||277 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: PK-12 | 717 students
3000 S Beltline Blvd
Columbia, SC 29201
(803)765-2309 4.8 PK-12
- Columbia Grades: PK-2 | 76 students
10014b Two Notch Rd
Columbia, SC 29223
(803)788-9814 3.9 PK-2
- Columbia Grades: NS-6 | 142 students
411 South Maple Street
Columbia, SC 29205
(803)783-8838 3.2 NS-6
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.