Haywood Christian Academy
- Haywood Christian Academy offers an excellent Christian education in beautiful Haywood County, NC. Our team of certified teachers strive to provide students an education that will transform their lives and consequently change our world for the glory of God.
- At Haywood Christian Academy, our teachers are mentors who combine a concern for academics, spiritual growth, and involvement in all aspects of student life.
- HCA holds a dual accreditation: Association of Christian Schools International and AdvancEd
- ACSI provides leadership development, educator certification, and professional development programs for our school and 5,000 other Evangelical Protestant Christian schools in over 100 countries.
- HCA offers a Bridge Learning Center to support the academic program. Academic Coaches of the BLC are trained in the Orton-Gillingham multi-sensory approach. The BLC serves students who struggle with language related difficulties.
Haywood Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Literature, Honors US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$540|
|Tuition Notes||Rates start at $540/month. Please contact the admissions office for more information and to schedule a tour.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Brooke Rochester|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art Classes, Drama, Drama Class, Drama Productions, graphic design, Praise Band, Yearbook
- The mission of Haywood Christian Academy is to serve as partners with Christian parents in providing an excellent education that is founded on Biblical truth. Parents and guardians are to be united in their belief that enrollment at HCA is the best training option for their child(ren). At least one parent of students must have a clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. Parents and guardians must agree to have their child taught from Biblical perspectives as stated in the Family-School Covenant and Statement of Faith. Because we believe home, school, and church are vital in shaping a child`s character, all HCA families must be actively involved in a local Christian church. In keeping with the Biblical lifestyle standards stated in the Family- School Covenant, HCA defines the family as a group of individuals related to one another by marriage, birth, or adoption, divinely instituted and sanctioned in the beginning when God created one man and one woman, brought them together, and commanded them to be "fruitful and multiply." Same gender couples (legally married, civil union, or common-law) are not permitted to enroll students at HCA. HCA is a religious institution providing an education in a distinct Christian environment. We believe that our Biblical role is to work in conjunction with parents to mold students to be Christ-like. On those occasions in which the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home is counter to or in opposition to the Biblical lifestyle the school teaches, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, living in, condoning, or supporting sexual immorality; practicing homosexual lifestyle or alternative gender identity; promoting such practices; or otherwise having the inability to support the moral principles of the school (Leviticus 20:13a, Romans 1:27, Matthew 19:4-6). The standard HCA student profile is an average to above average student with no significant academic or behavioral difficulties. HCA accepts only those students who have a reasonable opportunity for success within the context of current school programs and offerings. Records from any previous school will be requested, and incoming students may be tested before entry. As students mature, they are considered to be progressively more responsible for their attitude toward school. Students in elementary school must be willing to abide by the spirit of the Core Values (Family-School Covenant). Students in Grades 6-12 must agree to the specifics of the Student Pledge and Commitment as stated and sign in compliance. Students in Grades 9-12 should exhibit a definite personal desire to be at HCA. The commitment to a positive attitude toward instruction from Biblical perspectives should be made annually, by both parents and students. All students must be open to instruction from a Biblical perspective, and students in Grades 9-12 should have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. Those who have not yet declared a personal faith in Christ and who are not antagonistic to God`s Word, yet open and willing to obediently follow instruction from their parents, guardians, and teachers, may be considered for enrollment. In keeping with Biblical lifestyle standards, stated in the Family-School Covenant, HCA does not permit enrollment for: * Students who are married, pregnant, or have children. If a student causes a pregnancy or becomes pregnant while attending HCA, he or she may not be permitted to continue enrollment. * Students who are homosexual, exhibit homosexual behavior, or support homosexuality. * Students with a transgender/gender identity lifestyle or support such a lifestyle. God bestows gender upon each person as male or female to reflect His image, and HCA will only recognize a student's biological gender. * Student(s) of a parent(s) who is a registered sex offender. Enrollment is not on a first-come, first-served basis, but is considered according to each family`s Christian commitment and long-term intention to educate their child/children at HCA. Each Director seeks to place each student in a classroom environment that will optimally meet the student`s learning needs. This class placement is based on faculty recommendations; the needs, abilities, and strengths of the student; and the style of the respective teacher. Admissions appeals are made to the Director of Instruction who then take the appeals to a review committee for the final decision. Grievance appeals can be made to the Head of School. Mid-semester transfers for the Upper School students are rarely granted for reasons other than geographic relocation. Students are not accepted if they have been expelled from other schools for behavior that would require expulsion under the guidelines of HCA. HCA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin in the administrations of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, athletic programs, or other school administered programs.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waynesville Grades: 2-8 | 13 students
119 Hampshire Dr
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828)926-3316 3 2-8
- Waynesville Grades: PK-K | 101 students
566 S. Haywood St
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828)452-1773 4.2 PK-K
- Canton Grades: NS-12 | 52 students
100 Park St
Canton, NC 28716
(828)648-4492 5.4 NS-12
- Maggie Valley Grades: K-12 | 21 students
175 Rich Cove Rd
Maggie Valley, NC 28751
(828)926-5385 8.9 K-12
- Balsam Grades: 6-12 | 20 students
226 SOAR Lane
Balsam, NC 28707
(828)456-3435 11.1 6-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.