Pre-kindergarten enrollment is open for 2015-16! Visit hcs-nl.com to set up a visit and/or apply. Lay the groundwork for lifelong learners by taking the first step into Christ-centered education at Heritage.
Our middle school program prepares students for success in high schools.Every year, Heritage alumni have graduated with high honors and as valedictorians at local high schools.
In the fall 2014 season, the Heritage Eagles 7th/8th grade co-ed soccer team was undefeated! Our extracurricular programs are constantly growing. Check our website for an updated list.
Our Pre-K program is taught by passionate, state-certified teachers with early childhood education endorsements. They create a nurturing environment where students feel comfortable and safe as they learn and grow.
- Our mission is to provide a Christ-centered,academically challenging education thatreinforces each parent’s responsibility to raise children who love and serve Jesus Christ. Our vision is to offer an exemplary education presenting students who:defend their faith, excel in future studies, andimpact their community. Class sizes are capped at 20 students State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child’s development spiritually, academically and socially. The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to12 percent of students. Specialized classes in music, art and physical education are offered. New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres in North Liberty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,358|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost reflects full-time tuition. Part-time pre-kindergarten tuition rates are lower.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kallen Hawkinson|
|Admissions Associate||Ray Small|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Concert Band, Heritage Singers Performing Choir, Physical Education Art, Concert Band, Heritage Singers Performing Choir,
- Heritage Christian School is a prekindergarten through eighth grade interdenominational Christian school that opened in the fall of 1992 with 37 students.Today, Heritage serves over 110 families and 210 students, pre-K through 8th grade, in the North Liberty, Coralville, and Iowa City area.Twenty-nine full and part-time faculty and staff who have a passion for Christ,children and the school strive to fulfill our mission.The unique mission at Heritage allows our passionate faculty and staff the freedom to teach and disciple students according to biblical truths, connecting Christ in all classroom subjects. Holding fast to God’s Word raises our standard of excellence in all things, including, but not limited to, academics. Our students consistently score higher proficiency inreading and mathematics than area public schools on the Iowa Assessments. Heritage students in area high schools are readily recognized as well-behaved, respectful, hardworking and well prepared for the next segment of their academic journey.
- HERITAGE AT A GLANCE
- • Classes are capped at 20 students, allowing our dedicated staff to focus more attention on each student.
- • State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child’sdevelopment spiritually, academically and socially.
- • New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres in North Liberty.
- • The facility and learning environment is a safe and secure setting in which students can grow.
- • Specialized classes in music, art and physical education are offered.
- • The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to12 percent of students.
- • Heritage is interdenominational: over 30 local congregations are represented by Heritage families.
- • Average teaching experience among faculty: 10 years
- CHRIST-CENTERED CURRICULUM
- Heritage Christian School believes that the teaching of biblical truths cannot be relegated solely to the home and church when children are being taught opposing worldviews at school. Therefore, HCS strives for academic excellence using curriculum that teaches from a biblical world view, presented in a loving Christian environment that reinforces rather than erodes the values of the Christian home and church.
- SMALL CLASS SIZESClasses at Heritage are capped at 20 students. Small class sizes allow our teachers to not only teach in anindividualized manner, but also disciple the students in their classrooms
- EXEMPLARY ACADEMICS
- Each day presents an academically challenging opportunity for our students. Most students perform a year ahead of the national averages, and when 8th graders graduate, guidance counselors at the local high schools recommend that Heritage students take Advanced Placement courses their freshman year.
- A COMMUNITY OF FAMILIES AND STAFF
- The families at Heritage are a well-connected community. Parents and staff maintain close relationships to ensure that each child is getting their individual needs met. We believe each child to be a unique creation of God’s own image. Our passionate staff desires to see these children live out their God-given potential and glorify Him with their gifts.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2015
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.