Heritage Christian School
Heritage Christian School Photo #2 - Pre-kindergarten enrollment is open for 2015-16! Visit hcs-nl.com to set up a visit and/or apply. Lay the groundwork for lifelong learners by taking the first step into Christ-centered education at Heritage.
Heritage Christian School Photo #3 - Our middle school program prepares students for success in high schools.Every year, Heritage alumni have graduated with high honors and as valedictorians at local high schools.
Heritage Christian School Photo #4 - In the fall 2014 season, the Heritage Eagles 7th/8th grade co-ed soccer team was undefeated! Our extracurricular programs are constantly growing. Check our website for an updated list.
Heritage Christian School Photo #5 - Our Pre-K program is taught by passionate, state-certified teachers with early childhood education endorsements. They create a nurturing environment where students feel comfortable and safe as they learn and grow.
- Our mission is to serve Christ by partnering with parents to provide biblically faithful, academically excellent education.Our vision is to be a leader in developing passionate,lifelong learners commited to Christ.
- Class sizes are capped at 20 students. State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`s development spiritually, academically and socially.
- The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to12 percent of students.
- Specialized classes in music, art and physical educationareoffered. New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres inNorthLiberty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,145|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost reflects full-time tuition. Part-time pre-kindergarten tuition rates are lower.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Annis|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Wichhart|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Concert Band, Heritage Singers Performing Choir, Physical Education|
- Heritage Christian School is a prekindergarten through eighth grade interdenominational Christian school that opened in thefall of 1992 with 37 students.Today, Heritage serves over 100 families and 165 students, pre-K through 8th grade, in the North Liberty, Coralville, and Iowa City area.Twenty-five full and part-time faculty and staff who have a passion for Christ, children and the school strive to fulfill our mission.The unique mission at Heritage allows our passionate faculty and staff the freedom to teach and disciple students according to biblical truths, connecting Christ in all classroom subjects. Holding fast to God`s Word raises our standard of excellence in all things, including, but not limited to, academics. Our students consistently score higher proficiency in reading and mathematics than area public schools on the Iowa Assessments. Heritage students in area high schools are readily recognized as well-behaved, respectful, hardworking and well prepared for the next segment of their academic journey.
- HERITAGE AT A GLANCE
- Classes are capped at 20 students, allowing our dedicated staff to focus more attention on each student.
- State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`s development spiritually, academically and socially.
- New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres in North Liberty.
- The facility and learning environment is a safe and secure setting in which students can grow.
- Specialized classes in music, art and physical education are offered.
- The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to 12 percent of students.
- Heritage is interdenominational: over 30 local congregations are represented by Heritage families.
- Average teaching experience among faculty: 10 years
- BIBLICALLY FAITHFUL CURRICULUM
- Heritage Christian School believes that the teaching of biblical truths cannot be relegated solely to the home and church when children are being taught opposing worldviews at school.Therefore, HCS strives for academic excellence using curriculum that teaches from a biblical world view, presented in a loving Christian environment that reinforces rather than erodes the values of the Christian home and church.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES
- Classes at Heritage are capped at 20 students.Small class sizes allow our teachers to not only teach in an individualized manner, but also disciple the students in their classrooms
- EXEMPLARY ACADEMICS
- Each day presents an academically challenging opportunity for our students. Most students perform a year ahead of the national averages, and when 8th graders graduate, guidance counselors at the local high schools recommend that Heritage students take Advanced Placement courses their freshman year.
- A COMMUNITY OF FAMILIES AND STAFF
- The families at Heritage are a well-connected community. Parents and staff maintain close relationships to ensure that each child is getting their individual needs met. We believe each child to be a unique creation of God`s own image. Our passionate staff desires to see these children live out their God-given potential and glorify Him with their gifts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coralville Grades: K-8 | 30 students
1250 12th Avenue
Coralville, IA 52241
(319)339-0998 3.5 K-8
- Wheeling Grades: 5-12 | 429 students
60 Knox Ln
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304)233-3260 580.2 5-12
- Madison Grades: K-12 | 221 students
4901 E Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
(608)221-1520 148.9 K-12
- Antigo Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
419 6th Ave
Antigo, WI 54409
(715)623-4835 265 PK-8
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.