Heritage Christian School Photo #3 - Pre-kindergarten enrollment is open for 2015-16! Visit hcs-nl.com to set up a visit and/or apply. Lay the groundwork for lifelong learners by taking the first step into Christ-centered education at Heritage.
Heritage Christian School Photo #4 - Our middle school program prepares students for success in high schools.Every year, Heritage alumni have graduated with high honors and as valedictorians at local high schools.
Heritage Christian School Photo #5 - In the fall 2014 season, the Heritage Eagles 7th/8th grade co-ed soccer team was undefeated! Our extracurricular programs are constantly growing. Check our website for an updated list.
Our mission is to serve Christ by partnering with parents to provide biblically faithful, academically excellent education.Our vision is to be a leader in developing passionate,lifelong learners commited to Christ.
Class sizes are capped at 20 students. State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`s development spiritually, academically and socially.
The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to12 percent of students.
Specialized classes in music, art and physical education are offered.
New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres inNorthLiberty.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 195 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,012
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 17 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 17 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition cost reflects full-time tuition. Part-time pre-kindergarten tuition rates are lower.
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Art, Concert Band, Heritage Singers Performing Choir, Physical Education
- Heritage Christian School is a prekindergarten through eighth grade interdenominational Christian school that opened in the fall of 1992 with 37 students.Today, Heritage serves over 120 families and over 190 students, pre-K through 8th grade, in the North Liberty,Coralville, and Iowa City area.Twenty-five full and part-timefaculty and staff who have a passion for Christ, children and theschool strive to fulfill our mission.The unique mission at Heritageallows our passionate faculty and staff the freedom to teach anddisciple students according to biblical truths, connecting Christin all classroom subjects. Holding fast to God`s Word raises ourstandard of excellence in all things, including, but not limitedto, academics. Our students consistently score higher proficiencyin reading and mathematics than area public schools on the IowaAssessments. Heritage students in area high schools are readilyrecognized as well-behaved, respectful, hardworking and wellprepared for the next segment of their academic journey.
- HERITAGE AT A GLANCE
- Classes are capped at 20 students, allowing our dedicated staffto focus more attention on each student.
- State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`sdevelopment spiritually, academically and socially.
- New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres in NorthLiberty.
- The facility and learning environment is a safe and securesetting in which students can grow.
- Specialized classes in music, art and physical education areoffered.
- The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to 12percent of students.
- Heritage is interdenominational: over 30 local congregationsare represented by Heritage families.
- Average teaching experience among faculty: 10 years
- BIBLICALLY FAITHFUL CURRICULUM
- Heritage Christian School believes that the teaching ofbiblical truths cannot be relegated solely to the home and churchwhen children are being taught opposing worldviews atschool.Therefore, HCS strives for academic excellence usingcurriculum that teaches from a biblical world view, presented in aloving Christian environment that reinforces rather than erodes thevalues of the Christian home and church.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES
- Classes at Heritage are capped at 20 students.Small class sizesallow our teachers to not only teach in an individualized manner,but also disciple the students in their classrooms
- EXEMPLARY ACADEMICS
- Each day presents an academically challenging opportunity forour students. Most students perform a year ahead of the nationalaverages, and when 8th graders graduate, guidance counselors at thelocal high schools recommend that Heritage students take AdvancedPlacement courses their freshman year.
- A COMMUNITY OF FAMILIES AND STAFF
- The families at Heritage are a well-connected community.Parents and staff maintain close relationships to ensure that eachchild is getting their individual needs met. We believe each childto be a unique creation of God`s own image. Our passionate staffdesires to see these children live out their God-given potentialand glorify Him with their gifts.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Heritage Christian School cost?
Heritage Christian School's tuition is approximately $8,012 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Heritage Christian School?
The acceptance rate of Heritage Christian School is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
What sports does Heritage Christian School offer?
Heritage Christian School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Heritage Christian School?
The application deadline for Heritage Christian School is Feb. 17 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 17 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
View the Heritage Christian School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
No School - Spring Break
March 11, 2024 (Monday)
Last Day of School - 11:30am Dismissal
May 24, 2024 (Friday)
Endorse Heritage Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.