Heritage Christian School
Tel: (319) 626-4777
Heritage Christian School Photo #3 - Pre-kindergarten enrollment is open for 2015-16! Visit hcs-nl.com to set up a visit and/or apply. Lay the groundwork for lifelong learners by taking the first step into Christ-centered education at Heritage.
Heritage Christian School Photo #4 - Our middle school program prepares students for success in high schools.Every year, Heritage alumni have graduated with high honors and as valedictorians at local high schools.
Heritage Christian School Photo #5 - In the fall 2014 season, the Heritage Eagles 7th/8th grade co-ed soccer team was undefeated! Our extracurricular programs are constantly growing. Check our website for an updated list.
- Our mission is to serve Christ by partnering with parents to provide biblically faithful, academically excellent education.Our vision is to be a leader in developing passionate,lifelong learners commited to Christ.
- Class sizes are capped at 20 students. State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`s development spiritually, academically and socially.
- The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to12 percent of students.
- Specialized classes in music, art and physical education are offered.
- New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres inNorthLiberty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,990|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost reflects full-time tuition. Part-time pre-kindergarten tuition rates are lower.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Scott Montgomery|
|Admissions Associate||Brenda Wichhart|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Concert Band, Heritage Singers Performing Choir, Physical Education|
- Heritage Christian School is a prekindergarten through eighth grade interdenominational Christian school that opened in the fall of 1992 with 37 students.Today, Heritage serves over 100 families and 177 students, pre-K through 8th grade, in the North Liberty,Coralville, and Iowa City area.Twenty-five full and part-timefaculty and staff who have a passion for Christ, children and theschool strive to fulfill our mission.The unique mission at Heritageallows our passionate faculty and staff the freedom to teach anddisciple students according to biblical truths, connecting Christin all classroom subjects. Holding fast to God`s Word raises ourstandard of excellence in all things, including, but not limitedto, academics. Our students consistently score higher proficiencyin reading and mathematics than area public schools on the IowaAssessments. Heritage students in area high schools are readilyrecognized as well-behaved, respectful, hardworking and wellprepared for the next segment of their academic journey.
- HERITAGE AT A GLANCE
- Classes are capped at 20 students, allowing our dedicated staffto focus more attention on each student.
- State-certified teachers focus on nurturing your child`sdevelopment spiritually, academically and socially.
- New facility was built in 2009 on 22 acres in NorthLiberty.
- The facility and learning environment is a safe and securesetting in which students can grow.
- Specialized classes in music, art and physical education areoffered.
- The financial aid program provides tuition assistance to 12percent of students.
- Heritage is interdenominational: over 30 local congregationsare represented by Heritage families.
- Average teaching experience among faculty: 10 years
- BIBLICALLY FAITHFUL CURRICULUM
- Heritage Christian School believes that the teaching ofbiblical truths cannot be relegated solely to the home and churchwhen children are being taught opposing worldviews atschool.Therefore, HCS strives for academic excellence usingcurriculum that teaches from a biblical world view, presented in aloving Christian environment that reinforces rather than erodes thevalues of the Christian home and church.
- SMALL CLASS SIZES
- Classes at Heritage are capped at 20 students.Small class sizesallow our teachers to not only teach in an individualized manner,but also disciple the students in their classrooms
- EXEMPLARY ACADEMICS
- Each day presents an academically challenging opportunity forour students. Most students perform a year ahead of the nationalaverages, and when 8th graders graduate, guidance counselors at thelocal high schools recommend that Heritage students take AdvancedPlacement courses their freshman year.
- A COMMUNITY OF FAMILIES AND STAFF
- The families at Heritage are a well-connected community.Parents and staff maintain close relationships to ensure that eachchild is getting their individual needs met. We believe each childto be a unique creation of God`s own image. Our passionate staffdesires to see these children live out their God-given potentialand glorify Him with their gifts.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coralville Grades: K-8 | 31 students
1250 12th Avenue
Coralville, IA 52241
(319) 339-0998 3.5 K-8
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 241.6 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 104.6 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 24.6 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?