Montessori Children's Garden
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At Montessori Children's Garden, we are committed to the care and education of children.
- We believe that children are the most important part of our society, and thus deserve to live in an environment that provides for their positive development.
- In addition, we believe that this positive environment is a major factor in nurturing any child into a healthy, successful member of society.
- Our mission is to develop each child to their highest potential, at their own individual pace, using the Montessori philosophy as our framework.
- Throughout this development, respect for each child and an opportunity for individual choices will be our guide.
- We will provide this education in a variety of programs to meet the needs of working parents.
- Our goal is to provide a quality option for working parents, providing for their child-care needs and the needs of the child in a fun, stimulating, and positive education environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
850 N Commonwealth Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
(630)896-7557 4.7 PK-6
- Aurora Grades: PK-K | 110 students
3180 N Aurora Rd
Aurora, IL 60502
(630)898-4346 3.5 PK-K
My husband and I both work full-time, and I stressed over where my daughter was going to go to pre-school and how to make it work as most pre-schools are only a few hours a day, a few days a week. I can't tell you how great it feels to know your child is well taken care of, and that you can go on with your day knowing your child is not only in good hands, but thriving. That's what you'll get with MCG.My daughter started attending MCG over a year ago when she was just over 2 years old. She entered the toddler room and had a great transition and fit right in. The process to apply was great because we got to meet with the teachers, observe the class, and then brought our daughter to visit. The teachers care so much about each individual child and truly follow the Montessori Philosophy of following the child, and that includes any major transitions. Since then, my daughter transitioned into one of the 3-5 rooms, and when deciding which class to be placed in, took into consideration some of her sensory sensitivities and placed her with a teacher that would be the best fit for those issues. It's those types of considerations that always impress me with MCG. I love that my daughter has made new friends, has great relationships with each teacher, is challenged at her level, and the open communication I have with the staff. I can't recommend MCG enough.
- Posted by Parent - Malita
Wonderful, conveniently located Montessori school! Staff has years of experience in Montessori education. The family friendly atmosphere makes this school stand out as the best.
- Posted by Parent - Sam
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.