- Caring and Passionate: Our teachers are passionate about your child's happiness and growth and provide a safe, nurturing environment that cultivates self-esteem.
- This is more than a job for our teachers. It's an opportunity for them to share their passion for life while they inspire, engage and awaken the wonder inside each and every child.
- Highly Trained Teachers: KinderCare devotes more time and resources to teacher training than any other childcare provider.
- Twice a year we host the largest early childhood teacher training program in the country.
- Our teachers are dedicated to developing your child's potential and are sensitive to your child's individual needs.
- Additionally, all staff are CPR/First Aid trained and a significant number of staff are authorized to give medications, such as nebulizers or other prescription treatments.
- Small Class Size: Our low teacher-to-student ratios allow teachers to focus on the individual learning styles and needs of each child in our center.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Welcome to the Hockessin KinderCare! As a nationally accredited, Delaware Star 5 center, our experienced team of teachers and staff are proud to provide your child and family with the best possible care and education. The newly refreshed learning programs provide children with a strong, well-rounded foundation for school readiness and lifetime learning success. The curriculum, taught by our passionate and dedicated teachers, gives children a variety of skills and learning experiences, wonderful memories with friends, and love for learning that will last forever. We invite you to tour our beautiful, spacious center located at the split of Routes 41 and 48. Please give us a call, and let us make Hockessin KinderCare your family's "home away from home."
- Keeping your child safe and secure is our first priority. In
addition to the built-in security features at the center, we
strictly follow established procedures for your child's arrival and
departure. Our three Center Health and Safety Coordinators
work together to keep the building and classrooms
clean and safe by following and maintain daily, weekly, and
monthly checklists aligning with high-quality standards
As well, we practice monthly drills and emergency plans and meet all state child care licensing regulations.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hockessin Grades: PK-K | 76 students
1313 Little Baltimore Rd.
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-2917 0.4 PK-K
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 551 students
825 Loveville Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-2121 0.4 PK-12
- Wilmington Grades: K-9 | 65 students
3001 Millcreek Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
(302)998-0530 1.4 K-9
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.