- Holy Family School provides a quality faith-based education at a price affordable to the community it serves.
- Rigorous academics are complemented by a strong program in character education and by attention to the children's spiritual growth.
- The culture within our beautiful new building is one of safety, calm, and control.
- Every day the students and staff set the tone of excellence by reciting their own mission statement, in which they pledge to be "the best we can be, each and every day." Special features: We provide middle school choice of "specials" that include choir, technology/robotics, and art.
- Gym is required for everyone. Chapel is held every week. Student Council is active.
- Our school also boasts many extracurricular activities in the after-school program, including boys' and girls' basketball, two choirs, volleyball, track, robotics, chess, drama, dance, drumming, and tech lab.
- Outcomes: School test scores from 3rd thru 8th exceed the national mean in the core subjects.
- A generation of successful alumni are the result. 83% of our 2012 grads entered high schools at which the average ACT score matched or exceeded that of the State of Il overall.
- Eighty-seven percent (87%) of alumni report having enrolled in college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||335 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,250|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale up to $3500. Rates quoted include book fee. Very affordable tuition thanks to extensive tuition assistance from school partners. Good reduction in rate for siblings. High school scholarships awarded. A few college scholarships are avail|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||8th grade mentoring for high school selection, After-school program, Choir, Greeters and Guides Club, art, cheerleading, chess, dance, fitness, spoken word, swimming, technology, tutoring Choir, art, cheerleading, chess, dance, fitness, spoken word, swimming, technology, tutoring, 8th grade mentoring for high school selection,
Greeters and Guides Club,
- HiServing children first-come, first served
- Challenging academics; placements into Chicago's finest high schools
- Before and after-school care available at modest additional cost or with Action For Children subsidy
- New in 2008: 45,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility at Homan Square, No. Lawndale, just 3 blks. south of the Eisenhower, next to the Tower
- High school scholarship aid available to students performing well
Profile last updated: 01/09/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Oak ParkGrades: 2-8 | 25 students
410 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
119 S Central Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60624
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 345 students
5088 W Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60644
ChicagoGrades: NS-8 | 167 students
8622 W Catalpa Ave
Chicago, IL 60656
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 311 students
9240 S Hoyne Ave
Chicago, IL 60643