Holy Spirit Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Holy Spirit Catholic School has provided academic excellence to Catholic and non-Catholic students alike for over 50 years.
- A structured academic program is offered in which students learn to think critically and develop academically, socially, spiritually, and physically.
- Students are nurtured in a safe environment with Christian values.
- Family input and involvement is encouraged. Enrichment activities, fine arts, sports, and computers promote personal development of our students.
- The preschool level incorporates weekly thematic units and prepares each child for the kindergarten level.
- The elementary school offers a strong academic program that enables each child to benefit from establishing goals and working to accomplish his/her objectives.
- The middle and high school continues to prepare each student for college and beyond through high academic standards while stressing the importance of self discipline and commitment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Holy Spirit Catholic School has an accredited college preparatory curriculum. Honors and AP classes are offered. Average ACT scores continue to surpass average national, state and local scores. Before and afterschool care is available. The school takes pride in outstanding achievements in science, math, music, art, social sciences, and sports including recognition on at the local, state, national and international levels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 451 students
420 Rice Valley Road N
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
(205)758-4462 3.1 PK-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 1024 students
2300 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
(205)553-5963 3.6 PK-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: NS-12 | 233 students
2828 6th St
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
(205)758-2828 0.3 NS-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 235 students
1785 Mcfarland Blvd N
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
(205)349-4881 2.2 PK-12
Excellent curriculum for all grade levels . Great Christian values. Teachers that go above and beyond .
- Posted by Parent - Jack
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.