The Capitol School
The Capitol School Photo #3 - All students have art twice a week and learn detailed artistic techniques.
The Capitol School Photo #4 - Students 2.5 - 18 years old learn three languages; Spanish, Mandarin, and German.
- The mission of The Capitol School is to educate responsible citizens of the world. The Capitol School provides programs for children ages 2 1/2 through high school graduation with an Advanced Academic Diploma.
- Founded in 1993, The Capitol School is fully accredited by AdvancED (formerly Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or SACS.
- Featured in May, 2020 as one of "Top Ten International Schools in U.S." by Knowledge Review international journal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||77 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 998 students
2300 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
(205)553-5963 3.8 PK-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 451 students
420 Rice Valley Road N
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
(205)758-4462 3.4 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.