Tuscaloosa Christian School
- TCS has a strong academic program resulting in annual high achievement test scores, and in successful college experiences by our graduates.
- Our program consists of a controlled, orderly, Christian environment that uses challenging, Christian curriculum.
- Bob Jones University Press and A Beka Book are the main sources for our curriculum.
- Our Kindergarten program, with its phonics based reading program, provides a strong foundation for academic success.
- Our K-5 students test out in the top five percent nationally, every year.
- TCS uses the Alabama Course of Study as a guide for course offerings, with the exception of Bible classes, which all students take each year.
- With academic excellence as our goal, our students are challenged to compete on state and national levels with other Christian schools in academic testing, spelling bees, as well as fine arts.
- Occasionally, our administration will bring in special educators to teach specific classes, speak to the student body, or lead in educational tours.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||370 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For information on tuition and fees, please copy and paste the link into your web browser. http://www.tcswarriors.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/financial-brochure-2014-website1.pdf|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Band, Choir
- TCS has a strong academic program resulting in high achievement test scores annually and in successful college experiences by our graduates. Our program consists of controlled, orderly, Christian environment using challenging, Christian curriculum. Bob Jones University Press and ABeka are the main curriculum sources. Our Kindergarten program, with its phonics based reading program, provides a strong foundation for academic success. Our K-5 students test out in the top five percent nationally every year. TCS uses the Alabama Course of Study as a guide for course offerings with the exception of Bible classes which all students take every year. With academic excellence as our goal, our students are challenged to compete on state and national levels with other Christian schools in academic testing, spelling bees, as well as fine arts. We occasionally bring in special educators to teach classes, speak to the student body, or lead in educational tours.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 1024 students
2300 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
(205)553-5963 3.3 PK-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 451 students
420 Rice Valley Road N
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
(205)758-4462 5.7 PK-12
- Centreville Grades: PK-12 | 182 students
2415 Montevallo Road
Centreville, AL 35042
(205)926-4676 24.3 PK-12
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 233 students
2828 6th St
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
(205)758-2828 7.2 PK-12
Our son attended Tuscaloosa Christian School 9th through 12th grade. It was a great experience for him and prepared him well for college. He graduated the University of Mobile with honors and often commented that the excellent English classes he had at Tuscaloosa Christian School prepared him well for college -level writing. Tuscaloosa Christian School provides a safe learning environment for students. TCS also provides competitive sports opportunities for the students. Our son enjoyed the opportunity to compete in basketball and baseball at TCS. We highly recommend Tuscaloosa Christian School for parents who want their students to experience academic excellence in a safe, Christian environment. TCS not only helps prepare students for college or the work-force, but also helps build their character to succeed in all of life.
- Posted by Parent - kerry