Holy Trinity Classical Christian School
- Top Ranked SC School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 378 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Dress Uniforms - Mondays only)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Academics are top-notch at Holy Trinity, which is accredited by the South Carolina Independent School Association (SCISA) and is a partner member of the Classical Latin Schools Association (CLSA). Holy Trinity`s faculty are exceptionally well qualified, while being devoted to serving their students well. Encouraging each student to grow mind, body, and soul is a key aim of both academic and extracurricular offerings. From learning Latin beginning in the 2nd grade to AP Calculus, Physics and Latin to reading the great works of literature in their original Greek or Latin, Holy Trinity students are challenged yet supported.
- Our inaugural graduating Class of 2020 had an average SAT score of 1300, 4 National Merit Finalists, 9 Palmetto Scholars, and received over $3.5 million dollars in scholarship offers. Interestingly, 75% of last year`s Holy Trinity graduates chose science and technology majors for their college study. Holy Trinity`s outcomes have demonstrated that a school can be strong in both the Humane Letters and the Sciences and Math at the same time. Students learn foundational concepts in our Grammar School, learn logic and rational thinking skills in Middle School, and learn the art of rhetoric in Upper School. This focus on rhetoric, verbal and written expression, and lively yet respectful debate is indeed a lost treasure being recovered at Holy Trinity.
- While of great importance, academics at Holy Trinity are balanced with a wide variety of extracurricular activities, including a vibrant Performing Arts program, Fine Arts, Quiz Bowl Teams, Battle of the Books Club, Robotics and Chess Clubs, Debate Team, FCA, Mu Alpha Theta Math Society, and many others. Athletics are a source of great success, with Cross Country (5-time SCISA Class A State Champs!), Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer (SCISA Class A State Champs Boys & Girls 2021), Baseball, Golf ,and Track teams. Holy Trinity students work hard, and they love to play hard! During recesses, our faculty actually play with the students, playing 9 Square, Kickball and the ever-popular Ga-Ga Ball.
- Holy Trinity`s focus on truth, beauty, and goodness through great works of art, music, and literature provides a depth and richness that is unique to a classical curriculum. Our students learn to appreciate great works of art, but they also enjoy producing them, having won multiple SCISA state level Art competitions for painting, photography, and drawing. Holy Trinity musicians have won a multitude of medals at SCISA Music Festivals for voice, piano, violin, organ, and select ensembles. By focusing on beauty at an early age, even our preschoolers learn to appreciate art and music through infusion in their daily activities.
- Holy Trinity students love to learn, and they learn to love others. One of the ways that Holy Trinity students express their love for others is through partnership with our sister school, Good Shepherd Academy in South Sudan. This relationship began through a bond between Holy Trinity Headmaster Rev. Chad Lawrence and Good Shepherd Headmaster Rev. John Chol Daau, when they first met in seminary. Though thousands of miles away in South Sudan, the relationship between our schools is strong, with Rev. Daau visiting Holy Trinity annually. Every year, Holy Trinity families donate 10% of proceeds from our parent-led annual fall fundraiser to Good Shepherd Academy, allowing Rev. Daau to provide curriculum, food, medicine, and much needed building improvements for his students and faculty. Holy Trinity students have also raised funds to purchase a water filtration system for Good Shepherd Academy`s campus and surrounding village. Sharing in these efforts has provided much delight and mutual encouragement for BOTH of our schools!
- Building up children through Holy Trinity is an incredibly joy-filled, satisfying mission, and planning for the future needs of our school is a process that is both inspiring and challenging. In order to continue to provide high quality academics to a diverse array of students throughout Beaufort and surrounding areas requires building facilities. Holy Trinity`s Board of Trustees and school staff have put together a long-term Campus Vision Plan which is incredibly exciting. Holy Trinity has already purchased their property within the Beaufort city limits in order to remain an accessible, "community" school where some students can even walk or ride their bikes to class (we also have students who travel from more than an hour away!). Holy Trinity has plans for an arts & athletics building, two-story academic building, chapel, regulation ball-field, and outdoor classroom and flex spaces. Funding this "Lowcountry Labor of Love" will require much prayer, support, and contributions from those interested in building a legacy through Holy Trinity`s mission and vision.
- If you would like to learn more about Holy Trinity Classical Christian School, or to support our school, please visit our website at www.htccs.org, or call us at 843-522-0660.
Endorse Holy Trinity Classical Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards