- Beaufort Academy is a PreK – 12th grade independent college preparatory school, designed to instill in students the intellectual curiosity and strength of character for success in college and beyond.
- At Beaufort Academy, students will find themselves immersed in a professional learning environment grounded in the core values of integrity, leadership, pride, intellect and respect, which are embodied by the faculty, parents, and students alike.
- BA is where learning happens, a sense of community is felt, and every student is encouraged to make a difference.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Average ACT score||23|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $5,200 - $11,725.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||MJ Simmons|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
- For nearly 50 years, Beaufort Academy has prepared students to go on to become the leaders of tomorrow. In addition to academic preparation founded by a seamless curriculum, students are encouraged to get involved in student life: to participate in sports, take part in plays, volunteer in our community, and develop leadership skills. BA has a caring and supportive community that helps students to fully realize their potential. Relationships developed at Beaufort Academy between and among students, teachers, administrators and parents are often lifelong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaufort Grades: PK-12 | 73 students
378 Parris Island Gtwy
Beaufort, SC 29906
(843)525-0635 5.6 PK-12
- Beaufort Grades: NS-8 | 177 students
70 Lady's Island Dr
Beaufort, SC 29907
(843)522-2163 1.6 NS-8
- Hilton Head Island Grades: K-12 | 399 students
55 Gardner Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
(843)681-2878 15.9 K-12
- Columbia Grades: 7-12 | 584 students
2945 Alpine Road
Columbia, SC 29223
(803)782-2814 114.5 7-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.