Tel: (201) 967-5940
- The Hovnanian School, with 40 years of history, offers a model mix of academic scholarship, unique second language experience, and other valuable programs from Early Learning Center to 8th grade in a safe, student-first multicultural environment.
- A private, not-for-profit, elementary school, the Hovnanian School takes pride in preparing our children for the future, while preserving their cultural identity.
- The teaching methods and educational philosophy at the Hovnanian School draw on current, proven approaches and techniques developed at some of the most well-respected colleges and universities specializing in education and teacher training and successfully implemented at model elementary schools here and abroad.
- Accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the Hovnanian School employs highly qualified teachers and consulting specialists who emphasize personal attention so that each student progresses according to ability, aptitude, and talent.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$350|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||This is the cost for one week. The weekly fee for Hovnanian School students is $250.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||This is tuition for grades K - 8. Please inquire for Early Childhood grades and part-time options.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,831|
|Admissions Director||Chris Sarafian|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Instrument Lessons, Math Olympiad, Public Speaking, Video Game Coding, Voice Lessons
Arts and Music Programs:
Club Scientific: Robots, Kidz Art, Musical Theater, Woodworking
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Club Scientific: Science
- Student and faculty partnership. Child-centered approach to learning. Support the growth of young people as creative and intellectually curious individuals. Build on each child's prior knowledge and experience. Value respect, integrity and self-worth Appreciation of each child's uniquenes. Integrated and interdisciplanary curriculum. Emphasis on self-discovery and self-expression. Respect for the cognitive, social, and emotional aspects of a child's development. Constructive approach in resolving conflicts. After School Programs. After School Supervision. Hot lunch program. Transportation Program. Summer Program. Toddlers Program.
Profile last updated:
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?