- The Hovnanian School, with 40 years of history, offers a model mix of academic scholarship, unique second language experience, and other valuable programs from Early Learning Center to 8th grade in a safe, student-first multicultural environment.
- A private, not-for-profit, elementary school, the Hovnanian School takes pride in preparing our children for the future, while preserving their cultural identity.
- The teaching methods and educational philosophy at the Hovnanian School draw on current, proven approaches and techniques developed at some of the most well-respected colleges and universities specializing in education and teacher training and successfully implemented at model elementary schools here and abroad.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the Hovnanian School employs highly qualified teachers and consulting specialists who emphasize personal attention so that each student progresses according to ability, aptitude, and talent.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,524|
|Tuition Notes||This is tuition for grades K - 8. Please inquire for Early Childhood grades and part-time options.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Arpi Mekhjian|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and III, Chess I, Club Scientific: Robots, Club Scientific: Science, French Club, Instrument Lessons, Kidz Art, Musical Theater, Spanish I and II, Tennis, Voice Lessons, Woodworking and III, Chess I, French Club, Kidz Art, Tennis, Voice Lessons, Woodworking, Club Scientific: Robots,
Club Scientific: Science,
Spanish I and II,
- Student and faculty partnership Child-centered approach to learning Support the growth of young people as creative and intellectually curious individuals Build on each child's prior knowledge and experience Value respect, integrity and self-worth Appreciation of each child's uniquenes Integrated and interdisciplanary curriculum Emphasis on self-discovery and self-expression Respect for the cognitive, social and emotional aspects of a child's development Constructive approach in resolving conflicts After School Sports After School Programs After School Supervision Hot lunch program Summer Program Toddlers Program