Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School
- Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School operates under the direction of the Board of Directors by authority of the constitution.
- The mission of Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School (IGLLS) is to develop the whole child -spirit, mind, and body in a quality Christ-centered environment.
- 1:1 iPads in K-2; 1:1 Chromebooks in 3rd-6th. The professional staff administers the day-to-day school affairs and is made up of the principal, the administrator and teachers.
- Local pastors help in leading weekly chapel services, and serve as advisers to the principal and the board.
- The principal and administrator are responsible to the board of directors for the supervision of the teachers and the school curriculum.
- It is the task of the principal and administrator to implement the policies of the board so the school will function in an orderly manner.
- Iowa Great Lakes Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities made available to students at the school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,180|
|Tuition Notes||Families may apply for funds from the Iowa Lutheran School Tuition Organization. For more information, go to www.ilsto.org.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spencer Grades: PK-6 | 201 students
1111 4th Ave West
Spencer, IA 51301
(712) 262-6428 6.8 PK-6
- Emmetsburg Grades: PK-8 | 125 students
1903 Broadway St
Emmetsburg, IA 50536
(712) 852-3464 23.7 PK-8
- Sanborn Grades: PK-8 | 104 students
405 W 2nd Street
Sanborn, IA 51248
(712) 729-3288 26.1 PK-8
- Lakefield Grades: 9-12 | 13 students
72957 400th Avenue
Lakefield, MN 56150
(507) 839-3517 27.5 9-12
- Paullina Grades: PK-8 | 74 students
103 W Bertha St
Paullina, IA 51046
(712) 949-3915 30.2 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.