John Paul Ii Elementary School
- At John Paul II Elementary, students grow and develop skills, habits, knowledge and faith.
- Religious instruction is an integral part of our education process.
- Students prepare and participate in weekly school liturgies. Our students continually earn high scores and demonstrate excellent growth in academic areas on formal, informal and standardized tests.
- Our professional and dedicated staff help all students achieve their fullest potential in safe and positive environments.
- John Paul II Elementary School has an experienced teaching staff committed to our mission.
- We strive for low student/teacher ratios. We employ educational assistants and library staff and certified academic services, physical education, vocal and instrumental music, and computer teachers.
- We are fully accredited by the state of South Dakota.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mitchell Grades: 4-12 | 43 students
909 Court Merrill
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2486 0.8 4-12
- Corsica Grades: PK-12 | 79 students
37614 Sd Highway 44
Corsica, SD 57328
(605)243-2211 26.4 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.