John Paul Ii Elementary School
- At John Paul II Elementary, students grow and develop skills, habits, knowledge and faith.
- Religious instruction is an integral part of our education process.
- Students prepare and participate in weekly school liturgies. Our students continually earn high scores and demonstrate excellent growth in academic areas on formal, informal and standardized tests.
- Our professional and dedicated staff help all students achieve their fullest potential in safe and positive environments.
- John Paul II Elementary School has an experienced teaching staff committed to our mission.
- We strive for low student/teacher ratios. We employ educational assistants and library staff and certified academic services, physical education, vocal and instrumental music, and computer teachers.
- We are fully accredited by the state of South Dakota.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mitchell Grades: 4-12 | 43 students
909 Court Merrill
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2486 0.8 4-12
- Mitchell Grades: K-12 | 18 students
1009 E 6th Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-4657 1.9 K-12
- Corsica Grades: PK-12 | 79 students
37614 Sd Highway 44
Corsica, SD 57328
(605)243-2211 26.4 PK-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.