Mitchell Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Mitchell Christian School (MCS) is a nonprofit nondenominational incorporated Christian School.
- We are accredited by the State of South Dakota and our curriculum is from a variety of sources, many of which have biblical foundation.
- Our mission statement is "to join with the family and the church to disciple and educate students on the Biblical foundations and to assist students in refining a personal and dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ as they grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mitchell Grades: 4-12 | 43 students
909 Court Merrill
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2486 1.8 4-12
- Mitchell Grades: PK-6 | 195 students
1510 W Elm Ave
Mitchell, SD 57301
(605)996-2365 1.8 PK-6
- Corsica Grades: PK-12 | 79 students
37614 Sd Highway 44
Corsica, SD 57328
(605)243-2211 28 PK-12
This is a wonderful school which cares about the character as much as it does about the academic education of the student. It is great to have a common link among teachers, other parents and administration of raising our kids with the main focus being on God's word and His principles. The programs are staffed with caring teachers. Students have had higher average ACT scores (ask for their supporting literature) and have won the CBH Academic Festival repeatedly (5 or 6 times?) against area public schools. Students are taught to strive for excellence in all areas and it is evident!
- Posted by Parent - vicki
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.