Joni's Child Care & Preschool
Tel: (860) 677-5878
- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is a family owned and operated business.
- Established in 1994. Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is committed to building long-term relationships with our families and communities through regular dialog, conferences, open houses, presentations, athletic sponsorship and community service.
- We are proud members of local business chambers and organizations and continually seek ways to give back to our communities.
- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School believes that all children are loving, inquisitive beings in a constant state of learning.
- A careful balance of structured activities, free choice, self-expression and situational teaching provides varied opportunities to learn and develop.
- Emphasis is placed on process over product and children are encouraged to move toward increasing independence, both socially and academically.
- Children are encouraged to observe the environment around them, ask questions and offer answers.
- Children are capable of demonstrating manners and respect for themselves and others.
- Teachers are facilitators, role models and cheerleaders. Our program mission is to create a healthy, happy and safe child care environment based upon positive reinforcement and respect.
- Joni's Child Care & Preschool believes in an open floor plan with classrooms that are separated by short walls.
- This divides groups while allowing for complete vision and interaction between rooms.
- This allows for the parent and director to see and hear all interactions within the center, increasing awareness of when a classroom requires assistance and additional support.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Grades: NS-K
6 Bridgewater Road
Farmington, CT 06032
(860) 674-4323 0.7 NS-K
- Bristol Grades: PK-8 | 92 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860) 583-5631 7.2 PK-8
- Southington Grades: K-12 | 125 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
(860) 621-6701 8.4 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?