- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is a family owned and operated business.
- Established in 1994. Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is committed to building long-term relationships with our families and communities through regular dialog, conferences, open houses, presentations, athletic sponsorship and community service.
- We are proud members of local business chambers and organizations and continually seek ways to give back to our communities.
- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School believes that all children are loving, inquisitive beings in a constant state of learning.
- A careful balance of structured activities, free choice, self-expression and situational teaching provides varied opportunities to learn and develop.
- Emphasis is placed on process over product and children are encouraged to move toward increasing independence, both socially and academically.
- Children are encouraged to observe the environment around them, ask questions and offer answers.
- Children are capable of demonstrating manners and respect for themselves and others.
- Teachers are facilitators, role models and cheerleaders. Our program mission is to create a healthy, happy and safe child care environment based upon positive reinforcement and respect.
- Joni's Child Care & Preschool believes in an open floor plan with classrooms that are separated by short walls.
- This divides groups while allowing for complete vision and interaction between rooms.
- This allows for the parent and director to see and hear all interactions within the center, increasing awareness of when a classroom requires assistance and additional support.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SouthingtonGrades: PK-12 | 143 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
BristolGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
6 Bridgewater Road
Farmington, CT 06032
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.