Joni's Child Care & Preschool
- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is a family owned and operated business.
- Established in 1994. Joni's Child Care & Pre-School is committed to building long-term relationships with our families and communities through regular dialog, conferences, open houses, presentations, athletic sponsorship and community service.
- We are proud members of local business chambers and organizations and continually seek ways to give back to our communities.
- Joni's Child Care & Pre-School believes that all children are loving, inquisitive beings in a constant state of learning.
- A careful balance of structured activities, free choice, self-expression and situational teaching provides varied opportunities to learn and develop.
- Emphasis is placed on process over product and children are encouraged to move toward increasing independence, both socially and academically.
- Children are encouraged to observe the environment around them, ask questions and offer answers.
- Children are capable of demonstrating manners and respect for themselves and others.
- Teachers are facilitators, role models and cheerleaders. Our program mission is to create a healthy, happy and safe child care environment based upon positive reinforcement and respect.
- Joni's Child Care & Preschool believes in an open floor plan with classrooms that are separated by short walls.
- This divides groups while allowing for complete vision and interaction between rooms.
- This allows for the parent and director to see and hear all interactions within the center, increasing awareness of when a classroom requires assistance and additional support.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Grades: NS-K
6 Bridgewater Road
Farmington, CT 06032
(860)674-4323 0.7 NS-K
- Bristol Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)583-5631 7.2 NS-8
- Southington Grades: K-12 | 125 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
(860)621-6701 8.4 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.