Juneau Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Juneau Montessori School, a private preschool located in the historic Mayflower School at 750 St. Ann’s Avenue in Douglas, operates programs for children ages 15 months through Kindergarten. Formed in 1985, this non-profit corporation is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors and is certified by the Association Montessori Internationale. While the school’s focus is to provide a rich educational experience, it also provides high quality before and after school care.
- The Montessori Borealis Elementary and Adolescent Program are part of the Juneau School District. This is a free alternative program open to all children enrolled in the Juneau School District. Currently, the elementary program consists of three and one-half elementary classrooms that serve children ages 6-12 with plans to expand to a fourth classroom in the fall of 2008. The elementary is located in the Marie Drake building and is currently affiliated with Harborview Elementary School. There are approximately 80 students currently enrolled in elementary, and four trained AMI teachers work with the children in an authentic Montessori setting.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Juneau Grades: K | 29 students
3921 Mendenhall Loop Rd
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)790-2299 2.2 K
- Juneau Grades: K-7 | 12 students
4890 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)780-4336 6.3 K-7
- Juneau Grades: K-8 | 51 students
11970 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99803
(907)790-2240 10.3 K-8
- Hoonah Grades: 2-12 | 4 students
Po Box 95
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3234 40 2-12
- Sitka Grades: K-8 | 20 students
303 Kimsham St.
Sitka, AK 99835 90.9 K-8
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,We are french and sailing alaska> We are planning to let our 10 years old boy to join school this year. He can roughly understand and speak english. he learn both from different school in the world and also by homeschooling> We would like to have more informations about your montesori program, and possibilities for him to join, fees....please answer to marquis.seguin@GMAIL.COM bests Regardscecile Marquis
- Posted by Parent - cecile
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.