Kemmerer Village School
- Kemmerer Village's on-grounds school is an Illinois State Board of Education Approved Non-public School for Special Education Services.
- The school is part of Kemmerer Village's Residential Treatment Center, providing each student with the benefit of a multi-disciplined team of highly qualified professional staff.
- The strengths and needs of each student are assessed in order to develop an individual education plan so that the student can experience success in the classroom, and in life in general.
Kemmerer Village School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/ Attention Deficit Disorder/Executive Functioning, Language Based/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia /Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform provided by Kemmerer Village is khaki pants and colored polo style shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brett Beck|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Equestrian, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
- Students reside in one of six ranch-style cottages spread out across our 60 acre campus.
- Working horse stables which are used for both leisure and therapeutic activities.
- Our campus contains a softball field, outdoor tennis court, soccer field, outdoor volleyball court, indoor gymnasium and Recreational Center.
- Other Services Available: *Psychological and Achievement testing *Speech Therapy *Nutrition and Diet planning *Individual, Group and Family Therapy *Psychiatric Consultation, medication evaluation & monitoring *Licensed Nurse services *Individual and group substance abuse counseling *Therapeutic Recreation individual and group activities
- On-campus chapel and Chaplain services
- Accredited by the Council of Accreditation since 1984.
- Kemmerer Village has a caring and supportive staff and environment focused on promoting the strengths and abilities of each student.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pana Grades: PK-12 | 75 students
114 Maple St
Pana, IL 62557
(217)562-5054 9 PK-12
- Pana Grades: PK-8 | 182 students
3 E 4th St
Pana, IL 62557
(217)562-5396 9.2 PK-8
- Taylorville Grades: PK-5 | 174 students
422 S Washington St
Taylorville, IL 62568
(217)824-6501 12.6 PK-5
- Taylorville Grades: NS-8 | 209 students
1124 N Webster Street
Taylorville, IL 62568
(217)824-6722 12.9 NS-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.