Kemmerer Village School
Tel: (217) 226-2139
Kemmerer Village's on-grounds school is an Illinois State Board of Education Approved Non-public School for Special Education Services.
The school is part of Kemmerer Village's Residential Treatment Center, providing each student with the benefit of a multi-disciplined team of highly qualified professional staff.
The strengths and needs of each student are assessed in order to develop an individual education plan so that the student can experience success in the classroom, and in life in general.
Kemmerer Village School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/ Attention Deficit Disorder/Executive Functioning, Language Based/Dyscalculia/Dysgraphia /Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform provided by Kemmerer Village is khaki pants and colored polo style shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Brett Beck|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Equestrian, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBadminton, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
- Students reside in one of six ranch-style cottages spread out across our 60 acre campus.
- Working horse stables which are used for both leisure and therapeutic activities.
- Our campus contains a softball field, outdoor tennis court, soccer field, outdoor volleyball court, indoor gymnasium and Recreational Center.
- Other Services Available: *Psychological and Achievement testing *Speech Therapy *Nutrition and Diet planning *Individual, Group and Family Therapy *Psychiatric Consultation, medication evaluation & monitoring *Licensed Nurse services *Individual and group substance abuse counseling *Therapeutic Recreation individual and group activities
- On-campus chapel and Chaplain services
- Accredited by the Council of Accreditation since 1984.
- Kemmerer Village has a caring and supportive staff and environment focused on promoting the strengths and abilities of each student.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to Kemmerer Village School is Pana Christian Academy (8.7 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Faith Bible Christian Academy (9.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pana Grades: PK-12 | 55 students
114 Maple St
Pana, IL 62557
(217) 562-5054 9 PK-12
- Pana Grades: PK-8 | 175 students
3 E 4th St
Pana, IL 62557
(217) 562-2425 9.2 PK-8
- Taylorville Grades: PK-6 | 188 students
422 S Washington St
Taylorville, IL 62568
(217) 824-6501 12.6 PK-6
- Taylorville Grades: PK-8 | 204 students
1124 N Webster Street
Taylorville, IL 62568
(217) 824-6722 12.9 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.