We provide a holistic, educational experience for students who've struggled in traditional learning environments.
Each student is given a therapeutic treatment team that helps address their academic, behavioral and social/emotional deficits.
Class sizes are small and the staff to student ratio is 3:1, helping to facilitate strong staff-student relationships.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 120 students
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Special Education diagnosis that fall into SLD, Autism Spectrum Disorder and more
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Students who are publicly tuitioned attend Knapp School and Yeshiva for free. Private student tuition can vary depending on the type of program. It costs $50,000+ annually for a child to attend, but there can be flexibility on the cost depending on each family's situation.
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer programming costs are included in public tuition
- To be considered for the Knapp School and Yeshiva, students must have an IEP with a therapeutic placement or (if privately placed) have recently completed Psychological Testing. Once an official referral has been made, an assessment of fit by the Admissions Team begins. Additionally, ISBE has approved the Knapp School and Yeshiva to serve students with primary or secondary IEP classifications of Emotional Disturbance (ED), Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Autism, Intellectual Disability (ID), Traumatic Brain Injury, and Other Health Impairment (OHI).
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Knapp School and Yeshiva offer a summer program?
Yes, Knapp School and Yeshiva offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Knapp School and Yeshiva offer?
Knapp School and Yeshiva offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Bowling.
When is the application deadline for Knapp School and Yeshiva?
The application deadline for Knapp School and Yeshiva is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Knapp School and Yeshiva. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.