Esperanza Therapeutic School
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 1-12
- Students: 49 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- At Esperanza School, students learn and grow in a supportive environment, and individualized attention helps each reach his or her academic and developmental goals. Through individualized educational plans (IEPs), life skills, vocational training, and the arts, students are reaching their academic, developmental, and social goals.
- We partner closely with parents and guardians at every step of their child’s education. From the referral and enrollment process through planning for life beyond Esperanza School, our multidisciplinary team that includes teachers, social workers, transition specialists, nurses and speech therapist collaborate with parents to determine student goals and the paths to reach them. Students are supported to make independent choices and pursue their interests to the extent possible. Students enjoy art, music, and theater, and all have access to a nurse, speech therapist, and social workers.
- Our small class sizes facilitate the high level of personal attention that all of our students receive. Like all of our programs,Esperanza School provides bilingual (English and Spanish) services to both students and parents to meet the diverse needs of the families we serve. Door-to-door transportation is provided.
- Esperanza School is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and Education and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.
Endorse Esperanza Therapeutic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards