Montessori Academy Of Chicago
Tel: (312) 243-0977
At the Montessori Academy of Chicago, we provide a foundation for academic and personal excellence and encourage the love of learning inherent in every student through participation and engagement.
Experienced, Montessori-certified teachers ensure each student’s success in a caring and structured environment.
The Montessori Academy Of Chicago curriculum is cosmic in nature -- an integrated, thematic approach that examines the physical universe, the world of nature, and the human experience.
Through its unique approach to education, the montessori curriculum develops a student¡¯s sense of community and love of learning driven by their innate desire to understand and explain the world around them.
In this approach at the Academy, we challenge students not only to master skills, but to regularly apply them in practical life as part of a larger whole.
As a result, our students attain proficiency in an astounding range of concepts in great depth.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||401 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Current tuition schedule is available online: www.montessoriacademychicago.org|
|Admissions Director||Nina Pope|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Dance Lessons, Drama, Instrument Lessons, Language Lessons, Lego Engineering, Swimming, Yoga
- The Montessori Academy of Chicago boasts the traditional Montessori Method with the belief that cognitive development is the product of interaction between the individual and the environment. We have a uniquely designed, activity based learning environment structured to meet your child's needs. We recognize that children learn and adapt differently and stress the importance of adapting the curriculum to a child’s developmental level. Our goal is to spark a child’s interest in learning, thereby helping them to become life-long learners. The academy strives to assist children in personal development, as well as educational development. We strongly believe that the community of the child, parent, and educator is the foundation of the school’s success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 266-3381 2 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: NS | 22 students
2239 W. Lawrence Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 728-1200 6 NS
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 581 students
1439 W Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 819-7655 3.6 NS-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.