Frances Xavier Warde School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 914 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,510
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / Feb. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Frances Xavier Warde School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Grades K-8 wear uniforms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Chess, Coding Club, Girl Scouts, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Beginning Band, Drama Troupe, Girls Choir
Father Wall gladly accepted the challenge and the two began a private search for a principal. Sister Mary Ellen Caron was FXW`s first principal and came to the table with fresh ideas and an immediate passion for building such a school. So, with just a few families behind them, they opened the doors to their first classrooms, which were located inside Presidential Towers in the West Loop.
Thirty-two years later, FXW has grown to become one of the most sought after schools in the city with two campuses:
- Old St. Patrick`s Campus, commonly referred to as "OSP," is located in the West Loop. More than 500 students, in Preschool through grade 3 begin their FXW journey here.
- Holy Name Cathedral Campus, commonly referred to as "HNC," is located in the heart of downtown. More than 400 students, in 4th-8th grade, continue on to graduation.
Endorse Frances Xavier Warde School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards