The mission of the HPDS is to provide students of average-to-superior intelligence with learning disabilities an innovative and comprehensive educational model that will help prepare them for a successful transition to public or private schools in their home community.
We believe that all children can learn and thrive, a successful school creates a nurturing, secure, learning environment based on mutual respect, individual achievement, and cooperation, ongoing partnership with a major center of learning is vital to the integration of theory, research, and practice, and the educational best interest of each child is the first priority.
Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please contact school for tuition costs.
% on Financial Aid
Hyde Park Day School seeks to prepare students for a successful transition to mainstream schools through a rigorous individualized curriculum focusing on academic and self-advocacy skills in a collaborative environment. Hyde Park Day School believes that the complex nature of significant learning disabilities necessitate the delivery of a program that focuses on the remediation of fundamental skills, the development of strategies to compensate for learning challenges, and the use of appropriate accommodations. The goal of this highly individualized curriculum, which is driven by a strong focus on developing self understanding and awareness, is to enhance self-esteem, self-confidence, and a positive attitude toward learning.
- To provide a learning environment where children develop a positive attitude towards school and an enthusiasm for learning;
- To provide more specialized educational options for children with learning disabilities who have been unsuccessful in public and/or private schools;
- To create a safe and enjoyable environment that fosters success, embraces diversity, and leads to students developing self confidence through an understanding of their individual strengths and areas for improvement;
- To nurture and encourage creativity among teachers so that they will challenge, evaluate and revise the methods used to teach each child;
- To enhance each student`s Individual Learning Plan with intensive one-to-one assistance, using state-of-the-art remedial materials and methodology that address the students` specific learning deficits;
- To engage artists and regular education teachers to modify the curricula and to co-teach with LD specialists;
- To serve children from residential schools who meet admissions criteria and are ready for transition;
- To develop innovative techniques for modifying regular education curricula that will prepare the student for a successful transition (when appropriate) to public or private schools in their home community;
- To provide ongoing services (i.e., comprehensive tutoring and consultation with the teachers) for students who transition to public or private schools in their home community;
- To align the HPDS curriculum as much as possible with the Illinois Learning Standards;
- To provide tutoring services to students with LD and consultation to regular classroom teachers as an extension of Hyde Park Day School`s educational philosophy;
- To contribute to the field of learning disabilities by providing opportunities for teacher training and by sharing expertise with the Hyde Park, Woodlawn and the broader metropolitan Chicago community; and
- To foster an understanding of the unique and complex challenges faced by children with learning disabilities and their families.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus offer a summer program?
Yes, Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus's ranking?
Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus?
The application deadline for Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I graduated from DePaul with a major in Organizational Communications in 2019, with a minor in Hospitality Leadership. I started working at Grub Hub in sales right after graduation and was the top performer in my sales region for three months which led to a promotion to Corporate and Enterprise sales in 2020. This past June I also completed my Master`s program at DePaul with a degree in Hospitality Leadership with a concentration in Revenue Management. I fill my free time volunteering as a Board member for Meals on Wheels, playing golf, and traveling when I can.
Endorse Hyde Park Day School - Chicago campus. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.