Academy Of St Benedict The African
- The Academy of St. Benedict the African is located in the heart of the Englewood Community on the South Side of Chicago.
- Englewood is a community on the rebound, recently adopting the Adkinka Symbol, Sankofa, which represents the importance of learning from the past.
- Likewise, the Academy of St. Benedict the African resembles the spirit of the community.
- Originally seven parochial schools served the community, which was composed mainly of immigrant families.
- The Archdiocesan elementary schools carry the name of St. Benedict, an African patron whose humility and extraordinary powers as a spiritual director caused him to be made superior.
- The Academy, throughout its evolution carries his name proudly and has never lost sight of its mission-- to provide a superior education and a safe haven for the children of its neighborhood.
- St. Benedict is a school where children can learn in a positive and nurturing environment.
- The Academy of St. Benedict the African believes that a Catholic Christian education aims to develop the total child, spiritually, socially, intellectually, emotionally and physically.
- To support a student's entire development, the Academy adopts several role models, parents, teachers, religious leaders and friends.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 1-12 | 49 students
520 N Marshfield Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(312)243-6097 7.4 1-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.