St. Thomas The Apostle
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 307 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,275
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
St. Thomas The Apostle ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The mission of the St. Thomas the Apostle School community is to lead, challenge and encourage God`s Children in Extraordinary Variety as they grow in faith, knowledge, and commitment to service.
Root Beliefs of St. Thomas the Apostle School
Faith Is Our Foundation
What Makes Us Different Makes Us Great
Learning Is Exercise
Every Minute Matters
Challenges Are Opportunities
We Are A Family
St. Thomas the Apostle School believes that childhood is the most critical period for the development of attitudes, habits, capabilities, and skills, and that the curriculum encompasses all that a child experiences in his life at school.
The purpose of the school is to create a faith-filled environment. The pastor, principal, staff, teachers, parents, and other community members lay the foundation for a love of learning, instill a sense of personal worth and respect for others, and develop critical thinking skills so that our children can grow to be responsible and practicing citizens. We endeavor to develop a community of learners where respect, collaboration and excitement for learning prevail. Quality Catholic education is provided for students in preschool through eighth grade in a caring and family atmosphere.
The main components of the educational program are:
- Embracing a faith to be lived within a believing community.
- Developing Christian attitudes and habits as a contributing and supporting member of a diverse community
- Acquiring essential knowledge, skills and techniques with the stimulus of practical application.
- Integrating technology skills and applications.
- Encouraging creativity and self-expression.
- Promoting each student`s personal academic, artistic, and athletic gifts and talents.
- Nurturing each child to help balance their physical, intellectual, social, emotional and ethical development as a whole person.
- Promoting leadership as a service to others.
St. Thomas the Apostle School is a center of academic excellence where students` spiritual, moral and character development is nurtured. Students are educated in a supportive learning community that demands their best each and every day.
St. Thomas the Apostle School provides a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum grounded in the Catholic faith and Christian values.
Partnering with parents and the entire St. Thomas the Apostle Parish community, enhances our distinctive curriculum that is focused on preparing students to succeed as life-long learners with 21st century skills. All are committed to working together to ensure that each student understands what it means to live their faith and use their talents as responsible citizens in stewardship to others and the world.
Endorse St. Thomas The Apostle. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards