- The Ancona School is a Montessori-based, independent school educating children from the preprimary to 8th grade.
- Ancona educates students to become creative problem solvers, confident risk takers and independent, lifelong learners.
- Rooted in the Montessori tradition, our child-centered school stimulates the joy of learning and builds a strong academic foundation.
- We inspire children to nourish their inner lives, find the power in their own voices and strive for justice and peace.
- In a community of cultural and economic diversity, Ancona cultivates understanding, care and respect for others.
- Our goal is to produce confident, motivated and self-directed lifelong learners.
- We respect the innate curiosity of each child and encourage inquiry, exploration and creative expression.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: NS-12 | 1771 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
- ChicagoGrades: NS-6 | 129 students
1014 East 47th Street
Chicago, IL 60653
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
7740 S Eberhart Ave
Chicago, IL 60619
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 313 students
1550 S State St
Chicago, IL 60605
- ChicagoGrades: K-9 | 217 students
5467 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago, IL 60615
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.