Pui Tak Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (312) 842-8546
- Pui Tak Christian School equips young learners academically and spiritually to be future leaders for God's Kingdom.
- Our vision is to see childern rise to their potential and success in all spheres of life with joy and strength of character.
Pui Tak Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$950|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$950 for 7 weeks, $600 for 4 weeks and $500 for 3 weeks|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Uniform - t-shirt or polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Slight variations exist per grade level. Does not include additional, before and after hours fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Ho|
|Admissions Associate||Lynn Chan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Movement and Dance, Muchkin Music for Preschool, Piano, Strings, Theatre
- Pui Tak Christian School is a unique Christian pre and elementary school in the heart of Chicago's Chinatown. Begun as a preschool in 1953 and expanded to include Kindergarten through Eigth grade in 2001, Pui Tak Christian School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Character Development: "Pui Tak" is a Chinese phrase meaning 'to build character or cultivate virtue.' It is our mission to create an educational environment that encourages students to develop exceptional character traits and admirable social skills. In addition our curriculum is designed to provide quality academic skills and creativity to prepare our students to be lifelong learners.
- Small Class Size: One advantage to Pui Tak Christian School is our commitment to a small class size. We maintain a standard of having no more than 20 students per room, enabling our teachers to give direct one-on-one attention to their students, and allows students to learn more freely at their own pace. Small classes also help the teacher have a better understanding of and interaction with just who your children are, and what the children's specific strengths and limitations are.
- Our Teachers: Pui Tak teachers are State certified and professionally trained. We choose experienced educators with training specific to the subject they will be teaching. Students at Pui Tak have many opportunities to form close relationships with their teachers, allowing the teachers to better gauge the students' level of engagement with class materials. In addition, Pui Tak emphasizes the cooperative relationship between parents and teachers, and strives to keep parents abreast of developments in their children's academic progress.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-6 | 83 students
1014 East 47th Street
Chicago, IL 60653
(773) 924-1200 3.3 PK-6
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
114 S Racine Ave
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 265-1514 2.4 PK-8
My son has attended Pui Tak Christian School since he was 3. We love the small class setting. Students can have more attention on both academic and emotion development. My son is embraced with love, cheer, and encourage by the teacher and the teacher assistant everyday in school. He often comes home and tells me a glimpse of everything that he had done in school or what had happened in school. I love Pui Tak Christian School. I can have a peace of mind because my son is in good hands. I am worry free. I highly recommend you to consider enrolling your child in this great school, Pui Tak Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Fiona
I'll try to keep our story concise. Our daughter was attending a highly-acclaimed Montessori pres-school, and while great for many kids, the self-guided approach was not right for our daughter. She is now in her 2nd year at Pui Tak, and she is really thriving in an environment where it is very obvious the entire staff really cares, and provides very engaged guidance. Our daughter's social confidence and academic interest has grown a lot, and the ultimate measure of an education's success is that she loves to learn!
- Posted by Parent - dwake
We have lived in the South Side of Chicago for over 10 years and finding a good school for our children had initially been a challenge -- particularly when one has to weigh all the usual considerations of academic strength, good teacher:student ratio, nurturing learning environment as well as tuition costs/affordability. But we believe we found what we are looking for in Pui Tak Christian School. Teachers are very dedicated and we can tell that all of them come with a sense of calling to give their utmost to their students. As someone who works at the University of Chicago, I had the opportunity to send our kids to the University of Chicago Lab School, and even turned down opportunities to send our kids to the CPS gifted/Selective Enrollment schools. We are very satisfied with the education our children has been receiving at Pui Tak Christian School and so far have sent all four of our children to this school. And more importantly, my children all have developed a love of learning at this school. My only wish is for Pui Tak Christian School to develop a committed donor base that will help them build a larger facility!
- Posted by Parent - jdyoo
Love, love, love PTCS! My children are all learning so much, class sizes are small, my children have not only art class but Mandarin class as well! The before and after school program with options for additional enrichments is an affordable life saver for working parents and the kids always have their homework completed and have fun! The staff is incredible and dedicated to each and every child. The school holds to its Christian values, and helps each child grow socially, emotionally, and academically. I am so thankful and happy we were told about PTCS, because otherwise my kids would miss out on so much!
- Posted by Parent - chris
Pui Tak Christian School is a Blessing for All Families. All of my four children attend PTCS and love it. Home away from Home.
- Posted by Parent - moren
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.