Pui Tak Christian School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 152 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,500
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Pui Tak Christian School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
(School Uniform - t-shirt or polo)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art, Movement and Dance, Muchkin Music for Preschool, Piano, Strings, Theatre
- Pui Tak Christian School is a unique Christian pre and elementary school in the heart of Chicago's Chinatown. Begun as a preschool in 1953 and expanded to include Kindergarten through Eigth grade in 2001, Pui Tak Christian School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
- Character Development: "Pui Tak" is a Chinese phrase meaning 'to build character or cultivate virtue.' It is our mission to create an educational environment that encourages students to develop exceptional character traits and admirable social skills. In addition our curriculum is designed to provide quality academic skills and creativity to prepare our students to be lifelong learners.
- Small Class Size: One advantage to Pui Tak Christian School is our commitment to a small class size. We maintain a standard of having no more than 20 students per room, enabling our teachers to give direct one-on-one attention to their students, and allows students to learn more freely at their own pace. Small classes also help the teacher have a better understanding of and interaction with just who your children are, and what the children's specific strengths and limitations are.
- Our Teachers: Pui Tak teachers are State certified and professionally trained. We choose experienced educators with training specific to the subject they will be teaching. Students at Pui Tak have many opportunities to form close relationships with their teachers, allowing the teachers to better gauge the students' level of engagement with class materials. In addition, Pui Tak emphasizes the cooperative relationship between parents and teachers, and strives to keep parents abreast of developments in their children's academic progress.
Endorse Pui Tak Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards