Detour 2 Discovery Day School
- At Detour 2 Discovery Day School, early childhood is a journey - not a race! We have been caring for Chicago's children since 1992...so you know our program is tried & true! We target only 65% of our state approved capacity so you know our ratios can't be beat and the care our dedicated staff provide is phenomenal.
- We recognize that some of the most important experiences are those nurturing loving relationships that develop between children and adults.
- In addition to our many talented teachers, further enrichment is provided by our artist and musician in residence and a children’s librarian; amenities rarely seen at the early childhood level.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
Council of Bilingual Education
European Council for International Schools
National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,450|
|Tuition Notes||The monthly tuition rate quoted is for full time preschool. Call for our rates in other programs.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms Jeni Heim|
|Admissions Associate||Ms JoAn Willis|
- Lowest ratios in the midwest!
- Small class sizes!
- Friendly, loving staff!
- Nurturing an appreciation for cultural differences!
- A community of families dedicated to high quality early childhood education!
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.