Keshet Day School
- Keshet Day School provides education in specially adapted classes designed to meet students' specific educational needs.
- The Keshet Day Schools have achieved a national reputation as an outstanding program for children with developmental disabilities.
- When possible, students are integrated into host site's classes. Both academic and recreational integrated opportunities are based on individual's needs and abilities.
- Keshet students spend a large part of their day with the typically developing students of these schools.
- Educational programs are tailored to each child's personal abilities as prescribed in an individual curriculum.
- Social workers, psychologists and an integration coordinator work with teachers, aides and students.
- A specialist works with children who use computerized talking devices to speak, and also trains staff to enhance the students' communication skills.
- In addition, on-site occupational, physical and speech therapists work with those children needing these services.
- Several of our students are able to integrate into academic classes while some are integrated into art, music and physical education. All students are fully integrated for lunch and recess.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PalatineGrades: 2-12 | 60 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
- Arlington HeightsGrades: 2-8 | 17 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- Blue IslandGrades: PK-12 | 16 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
- HillsideGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
4100 Warren Ave
Hillside, IL 60162
- ChicagoGrades: 1-12 | 94 students
3145 W Pratt Blvd
Chicago, IL 60645
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.