- Keshet Day School provides education in specially adapted classes designed to meet students' specific educational needs.
- The Keshet Day Schools have achieved a national reputation as an outstanding program for children with developmental disabilities.
- When possible, students are integrated into host site's classes. Both academic and recreational integrated opportunities are based on individual's needs and abilities.
- Keshet students spend a large part of their day with the typically developing students of these schools.
- Educational programs are tailored to each child's personal abilities as prescribed in an individual curriculum.
- Social workers, psychologists and an integration coordinator work with teachers, aides and students.
- A specialist works with children who use computerized talking devices to speak, and also trains staff to enhance the students' communication skills.
- In addition, on-site occupational, physical and speech therapists work with those children needing these services.
- Several of our students are able to integrate into academic classes while some are integrated into art, music and physical education. All students are fully integrated for lunch and recess.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Council for Exceptional Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Blue IslandGrades: PK-12 | 16 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
PalatineGrades: 2-12 | 60 students
865 E Wilmette Rd
Palatine, IL 60074
Arlington HeightsGrades: 2-8 | 17 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
ChicagoGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
2150 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60612
ChicagoGrades: 1-8 | 56 students
6254 S. Ellis
Chicago, IL 60637
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.