Centerview Therapeutic School
- The Center on Deafness, a not for profit Illinois Corporation, began serving the deaf and hard of hearing community nearly thirty years ago and has only one mission, to serve both children and adults who have hearing impairments with additional handicapping conditions such as mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- We are only one of a few organizations in the country that serves only the deaf and hard of hearing population with additional disabilities.
- Since its inception, the Center has had as its purpose the treatment and rehabilitation of clients who are deaf or hard of hearing, along with other disabilities, with return to the community at large or integration into the community with assistance as the goal for each client.
- Residential services for adults and students are based in the community using apartments, townhouses and homes to create a less restrictive more normal environment.
- An experienced staff trained in the area of deafness and fluent in the use of sign language provides treatment, life skills training, and vocational and social skills training to clients.
- Qualified, certified and licensed social work, psychiatric, nursing, vocational and educational staffs are part of the team that provides service to the population.
- The Center contracts with the only hospital psychiatric unit for the deaf in the State of Illinois should hospitalization be required for clients.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northbrook Grades: K-12 | 32 students
350 Lee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
(847)562-2100 2.9 K-12
- Northbrook Grades: 4-8 | 9 students
3210 Dundee Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
(847)205-0274 2.1 4-8
- Arlington Heights Grades: K-12 | 93 students
2525 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(847)803-1550 8.9 K-12
- Blue Island Grades: Inquire with school | 12 students
1962 Broadway St
Blue Island, IL 60406
(708)389-8137 35.2 Inquire with school
- Chicago Grades: Inquire with school | 56 students
1912 W 103rd St
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)881-1005 31.5 Inquire with school
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.