Centerview Therapeutic School
- The Center on Deafness, a not for profit Illinois Corporation, began serving the deaf and hard of hearing community nearly thirty years ago and has only one mission, to serve both children and adults who have hearing impairments with additional handicapping conditions such as mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- We are only one of a few organizations in the country that serves only the deaf and hard of hearing population with additional disabilities.
- Since its inception, the Center has had as its purpose the treatment and rehabilitation of clients who are deaf or hard of hearing, along with other disabilities, with return to the community at large or integration into the community with assistance as the goal for each client.
- Residential services for adults and students are based in the community using apartments, townhouses and homes to create a less restrictive more normal environment.
- An experienced staff trained in the area of deafness and fluent in the use of sign language provides treatment, life skills training, and vocational and social skills training to clients.
- Qualified, certified and licensed social work, psychiatric, nursing, vocational and educational staffs are part of the team that provides service to the population.
- The Center contracts with the only hospital psychiatric unit for the deaf in the State of Illinois should hospitalization be required for clients.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La GrangeGrades: 2-12 | 101 students
6425 Willow Springs Rd
La Grange, IL 60525
- LisleGrades: K-12 | 59 students
2500 Cabot Dr
Lisle, IL 60532
- ChicagoGrades: 4-12 | 72 students
6245 S. Ingleside Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
- ChicagoGrades: 1-12 | 94 students
3145 W Pratt Blvd
Chicago, IL 60645
- HillsideGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
4100 Warren Ave
Hillside, IL 60162
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.