Rochelle Zell Jewish High School
- Rochelle Zell Jewish High School (Rochelle Zell) is a co-ed, college-preparatory high school committed to academic excellence and has served the Chicagoland Jewish community for 16 years.
- Our mission is to create a culture of academic excellence that inspires our students to think critically and to achieve their full potential, while preparing them to live Judaism as responsible and involved citizens in the modern world.
- Rochelle Zell offers a comprehensive education, which includes exceptional general and Jewish studies programs, supplemented by strong athletic and fine arts programs, and numerous extracurricular activities and leadership opportunities.
- After graduating, students are well positioned to be successful in all of their future endeavors.
- In response to Rochelle Zell Jewish High School`s excellent reputation, the school continues to thrive.
- Today, Rochelle Zell welcomes 175 students from 22 different communities throughout the Chicagoland area and abroad.
- If you are a prospective family interested in learning more about Rochelle Zell Jewish High School, join us for Curriculum Night at 6:30 p.m. on February 1, 2018 at 1095 Lake Cook Road in Deerfield.
- Please contact Riv Lynch, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 847.324.3706 for details. For more information about Rochelle Zell, visit www.rzjhs.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States|
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||175 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Economics, Government, Literature, Physics, Spanish, US History,|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,500|
|Tuition Notes||Generous Tuition Assistance packages offered. Request information by contacting school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,982|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Riv Lynch|
|Admissions Associate||Tammy Brody|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||debate, drama, interfaith youth council, Jazz band, Literary Journal, math team, model UN, Quarknet, student government, studio art, vocal music, volunteer corps, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Ark Book Club, Ark Cafe, Broadcast Club, DECA, Engineering, Environmental Club, Gaavah, Gidwitz, IFYC, Math Team, Remote Control Club, Shabbaton, Spirit Club, STAND, Theater Club, Tikkun Olam Advocacy Education, Tikkun Olam Direct Service, Tikkun Olam Philanthropy, United States Politics Club, Va'ad Hastudentim, Va'ad Israel
Arts and Music Programs:
Multimedia Arts, Newspape
- In 2001, a visionary group of leaders in Chicago set out to create a new high school that would combine the very best of the humanities, sciences, fine arts and Jewish studies together. They envisioned a place where students attending day schools could continue their Jewish education during the years that have the greatest impact on their Jewish identity. These leaders foresaw a place where public school students entering high school could deepen their understanding and appreciation of their Jewish heritage.
- This dream is now alive at Rochelle Zell Jewish High School.
- Since the beginning, Rochelle Zell has earned a national reputation for its commitment to academic excellence. Every year, more Chicago-area families are discovering how Rochelle Zell`s outstanding faculty, integrated general and Judaic studies curriculum, vibrant community and exciting student life provides Jewish high school students with a unique opportunity to achieve their full potential. In whatever professions our students choose, they graduate from Rochelle Zell with the knowledge, confidence and skills to follow their own dreams while remaining steadfast to their Jewish heritage.
- We welcome you to get to know us better. To schedule a visit or a tour, please contact Riv Lynch, Director of Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.470.6700.
- Statement of Non-Discrimination: Rochelle Zell Jewish High School admits students of any race, color, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, or ethnic origin and grants them the rights, and offers them privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to all students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, sexual identity, gender identity, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletics or other school administered programs. Guidelines of the Conservative Movement are observed.
- Quick Facts
- Head of School: Tony Frank
- Number of Students: 175
- School Colors: Blue and white
- Mascot: Tiger
- Demographics: Students come from 22 different communities
- 1% Reconstructionist, 1% Traditional,10% Reform, 36% Orthodox and 52% Conservative
- Synagogues: Our families attend 39 different synagogues
- Average class size: 16 students
- College enrollment: 100%
- Formerly known as: Chicagoland Jewish High School
- Date the school was renamed: November 18, 2015
- Alumni: 519 alumni changing the world-
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DeerfieldGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
5 Parkway N
Deerfield, IL 60015
- NorthbrookGrades: 1-12 | 14 students
3444 Dundee Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
- DeerfieldGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
445 Pine Street
Deerfield, IL 60015
- NorthbrookGrades: PK-8 | 512 students
3210 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
- DeerfieldGrades: PK-K | 22 students
1500 Wilmot Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015