Rochelle Zell Jewish High School
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 189 students
- Yearly Tuition: $28,000
- Acceptance rate: 91%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
A Cappella, Ark Book Club, Ark Cafe, Ark in the Park, Art Club, Chesed Club, Chess Club, Comic Book Club, DEAP (Va'ad Tikkun Olam), DECA, Engineering, Environmental Club, Feminism Club, Film Club, Gaavah, Gidwitz, Holla for Challah, IFYC, Interfaith Youth Corps (IFYC), Literary Society, Math Team, Music Club, NaNo Writing Club, Quarknet, Remote Control Club, Robotics Club, Shabbaton, Spikeball club, Spirit Club, STAND, Student Ambassadors, Tikkun Olam Advocacy Education, Tikkun Olam Direct Service, Tikkun Olam Philanthropy, Tisch Club, United States Politics Club, Va'ad Hastudentim, Va'ad Israel, Va'ad Shabbatonim, Va'ad Studentim, Va'ad Tefillah, Yoga/Meditation
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Studio Art/Advanced Studio Art
- The school`s philosophy is to nurture the whole student -- academically, spiritually, physically and socially. The school offers students an exceptional college preparatory curriculum that includes honors and AP classes in all subject areas as well as an intensive, integrated and comprehensive Jewish studies curriculum. The dual curriculum is supplemented by strong athletic and fine arts programs and numerous extracurricular, social and leadership opportunities.
- Rochelle Zell Jewish High School is committed to an intellectual and religious environment in which questions, critical thinking, experiences, and relationships are nourished and fostered throughout Jewish and secular general studies.
- The fullness of Jewish life and learning are embraced, and Jews from across the denominational spectrum are welcomed. Teachers at Rochelle Zell come to know their students as multi-dimensional human beings.
- The close and meaningful relationships that form between them contribute to students` confidence in their ability to advocate for themselves and for others, in college and beyond.
- Rochelle Zell students are bright and articulate young men and women who have enrolled at the nation`s leading colleges and universities. They are well-rounded and confident and possess a strong sense of values and a commitment to making the world a better place.
Endorse Rochelle Zell Jewish High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards