Hellenic American Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- We recognize a simple truth first espoused by the philosopher Socrates--- that knowledge and virtue are interdependent. With this in mind, we are committed to guiding our students to academic excellence led a firm foundation of Orthodox values. Our vision is to ensure that each Socrates Day School student is empowered not only with the knowledge to thrive academically but with the virtue needed to make sound decisions in the modern world.
Hellenic American Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|Religious Affiliation||Greek Orthodox|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees added to Tuition. Scholarship and Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Giannetos|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Book Clubs, Cultural Class, Mommy and Me, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Little Chefs, Little Techies
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mom's Time Out
- Socrates Hellenic American Day School provides the optimal environment for children to develop their full academic, social and physical potential enriched with the teachings of the Greek language, history and culture, and the Greek Orthodox faith in a warm, family oriented Christian environment - using a sensible, structured and research-based curriculum that allows children to develop at their own pace using their own abilities under the guidance of trained educators.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palos Hills Grades: PK-8 | 179 students
11025 S Roberts Rd
Palos Hills, IL 60465
(708)974-3402 32.7 PK-8
- Arlington Heights Grades: PK-8 | 397 students
432 S Mitchell Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
(847)255-0050 8.9 PK-8
My son is a recent graduate of Socrates Elementary Day School and I would like to thank the entire community for providing him with an amazing experience. This school is a hidden gem that the entire Greek community needs to support.
- Posted by Parent - Bill
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.