Our Lady Of The Wayside School
Tel: (847) 255-0050
- Our Lady Of The Wayside School is a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School for Excellence that provides a vital Catholicenvironment where students are motivated to foster their Faith, achieve academic excellence, and expand their talents.
- Our curriculum provides proficiency in basic skills, an appreciation for the pursuit of excellence, and preparation to meet the challenges of the world.
- We offer a variety of preschool programs (3 and 4 year olds) including full and half day options.
- We also offer full and half day kindergarten options.
- Extended day care is available before and after school starting at 7:15 and ending at 6:00.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||397 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Robotics (6th-8th grade), Scholastic Bowl Team (7th/8th), Student Council (6th-8th), Yearbook (8th)
Arts and Music Programs:
Believers - Middle School Choir, Musical Theater
- Our Lady Of The Wayside School provides a vital Catholic Christian environment where students are motivated to attain their fullest academic, physical, and spiritual potential, where Christian values, mutual trust, and respect permeate all programs and activities, and where each individual is encouraged to live and to share the Gospel message of our Lord Jesus Christ. Our curriculum provides proficiency in basic skills, an appreciation for the pursuit of excellence, and preparation to meet the challenges of the world. We offer a variety of preschool programs (3 and 4 year olds) including full and half day options. We also offer full and half day kindergarten options. Extended day care is available before and after school starting at 7:15 and ending at 6:00.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
2101 N. Fremont
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 525-4990 1.2 PK-8
- Arlington Heights Grades: PK-5 | 111 students
125 N Dryden Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 577-7600 1.3 PK-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.