- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 100 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Empowering Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students: Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School's Inclusive Program - 08/04/2023AGBMS remains dedicated to providing its students with excellent and authentic Montessori programming.
Academics and Faculty
no dress code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Cooking Club, Cue Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Kolor Me Kids
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Physical Education, Soccer, Yoga
- Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School is a classic Montessori school accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS). All AGBMS teachers are AMS certified. AGBMS was founded in 1986 by a group of dedicated educators and parents who aimed to build a school where children could experience the best Montessori education. These parents, some of whose children were hard of hearing, also wanted a place where all children could learn together regardless of their ability to hear. Today, about 10% of our students are deaf or hard of hearing, and they work side-by-side with hearing students, who make up 90% of our students.
- We are named for the great inventor who was also a teacher of the deaf and married to a deaf woman, Mabel Hubbard Bell. Mr. Bell vigorously supported educational advances and invited Dr. Maria Montessori to bring her progressive methods to the United States. The Bells started one of the first Montessori schools in the parlor of their home, with Mabel Bell as one of its first teachers.
- Whether you're looking for a preschool to jump-start your child's education, or an alternative to a traditional elementary school that provides a more individualized, holistic education, we invite you to come on in and explore all that Montessori offers children ages six weeks to 18 years. Our student/teacher ratio is, on average, 15:1 - compared to a national average public school ratio of 18:1. Our enriched curriculum includes foreign language, music, art, physical education, and individualized reading instruction. And our new state-of-the-art facility, completed in the fall of 2008, is beautifulandrespects the environment by adhering to 'green' building standards.
- AGBMS has been designated as a model site by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and serves as an official practicum and observation site for National Louis University, Illinois State University, and Northern Illinois University. Our teachers are all certified by the AMS, and many have won national awards for excellence. Read on- and then stop in for a visit! Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, serving Wheeling, Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Des Plaines, Buffalo Grove, Northbrook, Glenview, and other surrounding communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School offer a summer program?
What sports does Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School offer?
When is the application deadline for Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School?
Endorse Alexander Graham Bell Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards