Arlington Montessori School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Arlington Montessori School is committed to providing educational experiences to young children and their parents based upon the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori approach recognizes that the child's early years, from birth to six, are the most formative.
- Child development is a process that is influenced by nature and environment, both physical and social.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call or Email for Tuition Information|
- " The way our Montessori school is going to function is by, following all the rules regulated by the American Montessori Society. We are certified with the American Montessori Society and the Illinois Board of Education. We will have an organized program to follow in the classroom, which would include all the areas of learning that are covered in a Montessori program. These services will fulfill the needs necessary in a Montessori classroom"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barrington Grades: PK-5 | 72 students
1410 S. Barrington Rd.
Barrington, IL 60010
(847)382-2812 11 PK-5
- Bartlett Grades: PK-K | 40 students
379 Bartlett Plz
Bartlett, IL 60103
(630)830-8940 11.5 PK-K
- Buffalo Grove Grades: PK-K | 92 students
950 Ellen Dr
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
(847)541-8111 6.2 PK-K
- Elmhurst Grades: PK-5 | 90 students
893 N Church Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630)834-0477 8.6 PK-5
My 4-year-old goes here. Very good school. They focus a lot of things that will encourage students to focus on whatever they are doing. The teachers are all nice. Given that my son still manages to be scared of the main teacher, that means they are still firm with how they treat the kids. I consider this a very good thing. They encourage the students to learn at their own rate. Due to moves, this is the third school my son has been to, and the one I like the most. We plan to move soon and hope we do not move too far from the school so he can finish his preschooling here.
- Posted by Parent - Charlie
Both my children attend Arlington Montessori School and I can only say wonderful things about it. The teachers are great, very warm and kind. I love the fact that they actually get to know the children REALLY well, they talk to them, they pay attention to what they say and they treat them with kindness and love. At an early age, they learn how to take care of some of their needs, to be self sufficient. The curriculum is also very impressive and the children enjoy and thrive working in the environment that the school has. Everything is simple, everything is very well organized, everything has its own designated space, and this rubs off on the children and they learn to be neat, organized and focused. I am very happy we chose this school, and I definitely recommend this school to any parent.
- Posted by Parent - A
We had our older son with the school for 4 years and younger son with them for over 1 year (we moved to a different town after that). The teachers are very caring and take each kid to their hearts. Academic curriculums strictly follow Montessori way, which encourages kids to learn and stimulates their curiosity on the nature. My kids came out way ahead in math and reading. The program also focuses on basic etiquette, self-discipline and character building.Above all, the teachers are caring, loving and attentive to all kids. We feel as part of a family, and even now my kids still love to go back to re-visit their friends and teachers there.
- Posted by Parent - Ed
I have two children that attended Montessori school for two years and I have nothing but wonderful things to say. The teachers are very attentive with the children and my kids have flourished with this program. I highly recommended this school for anyone interested in a excellent school program.
- Posted by Parent - www.p
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.