Lam Christian Academy
- Our school's mission is to provide a solid academic education to all students in a nurturing Christian environment and to share Christ's love with their families.
- For us, teaching is more than just imparting knowledge.
- Our primary directive is to cultivate an excitement and love of learning in our students.
Lam Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Idaho for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cycling, DanceCycling, Dance,|
- At LAM, students become life-long learners. Our academic program instills the knowledge they will need to excel in their future.
- To achieve LAM's dedication to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), Singapore Math was incorporated into the curriculum. Beginning in Kindergarten during the 2011-2012 school year, Singapore was introduced. Because of the phenomenal success of the program, Singapore will be taught through 5th grade.
- A new interactive science program was also introduced; Pearson Science. Starting in Kindergarten, students are introduced to innovative, creative ways that drive a life-long learning of science through Pearson. Thanks to a grant from Hecla Mining, LAM was able to purchase the curriculum including the hands-on tools, books, and laboratory materials for grades K through 5 for the next four years.
- Voluntary extracurricular activities enable students to apply the material they learn in class to a real-life situation. Teachers provide ideas and motivate students to take the initiative. In this way, students exercise their creativity and learn to set goals for themselves.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rathdrum Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
6068 W Hayden Ave
Rathdrum, ID 83858
(208) 777-4400 5.1 PK-12
- Hayden Grades: PK-12 | 140 students
3639 W Prairie Ave
Hayden, ID 83835
(208) 772-7542 3.3 PK-12
- Hayden Grades: 1-12 | 213 students
251 W Miles Ave
Hayden, ID 83835
(208) 772-7546 3.3 1-12
We are so thankful for the excellent staff and academics. The small class size has really helped our son adapt to the learning environment. The kids are allowed to be kids, while learning and growing.
- Posted by Parent - Nikki And Chad
LAM has been a blessing for our daughter, who is now in her last year at the school. The emphasis LAM places on academics, public speaking and spiritual growth is truly outstanding. We have watched her grow in character and confidence over her time at LAM and we know we can attribute that growth to the loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - Megan
Great school and teachers!
- Posted by Parent - A. Moser
LAM places on a strong emphasis on a religious education.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We have been very pleased with LAM Christian Academy and couldn't be happier for the environment that our young daughter is in. What a blessing to have a school that fosters love and kindness and knowledge about the Lord. Five stars *****
- Posted by Parent - Keith Boe
My daughter loves her K teach and they teach at a much higher standard and skill set.
- Posted by Parent - Moser
We have 2 sons currently enrolled at LAM School and they love their school. LAM has great teachers and staff who take time to understand each child`s abilities, and a great curriculum. Public Speaking is encouraged through participation in plays, speech meets and talent shows.
- Posted by Parent - Linda Silar.
Wonderful staff and curriculum. Their focus on the kids and their overall development is great. We enjoy the performances, speech contests, ect that encourage our child to step outside her comfort zone. We have noticed many positive changes in her, both cognitively and emotionally. The small class room sizes also allow for more one-on-one interaction with the kids. We also enjoy the fact that the grades are not blended, which allows for more of the one-on-one attention.
- Posted by Parent - Nick
My son will be attending his third year at LAM. His two older siblings went to public school. I wish they had also attended LAM. LAM is a close knit community where everyone feels welcome and loved. The children grow to be confident and secure. They are taught to be kind, caring and responsible. These are all qualities you will not find being taught throughout public elementary school. I am proud of how far my son has come in the short time he has been in the LAM family.
- Posted by Parent - J. Hutchins
We`ve had our kids enrolled in LAM for 3 years now and I can`t say enough amazing things about our experience here. From the personal, friendly teachers and staff to the high level of academic education, we have been impressed and proud to call this our school since the beginning:)
- Posted by Parent - Andrea Nevarez
We LOVE Lam! I could go on about how amazing it is how they incorporate Jesus and scripture to fill the children up, I could go on about the amazing curriculum and how our children are being brought up to be leaders in our community in the future, but the staff is the heart of Lam. They have a deep love and concern for each child that attends the school. No child goes unnoticed or left behind here. Our son has gained a new and passionate love for Jesus, confidence in himself and his abilities, reads me books at night instead of the other way around, and he`s only half way through kindergarten! I`m blown away at what my son has learned in such a short amount of time and the difference I see in him spiritually. We are proud and extremely blessed to be part of the Lam family!-Amanda W.
- Posted by Parent - Amanda W.
As a first-year parent of two students at LAM Christian Academy, I am very happy to say that we have been pleased beyond our expectations. The small class sizes are wonderful, the curriculum is way above-average, and the opportunities my children have been given this year are far more than I could expect at any other school. My kids both got the chance to speak and perform on stage multiple times as leadership and public speaking are a major focus at this school. The curriculum is advanced and students learn Christian values and principles that are important to our family. We couldn't be happier with this school and plan to keep our kids here through the 5th grade!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Mom
What an amazing school. We have been here for 2 years now and our granddaughter loves it. The classes are small and the kids and families and staff all get to know each other well. The teachers and staff focus on exceptional academics as well as emotional and spiritual growth.
- Posted by Parent - Sabine S
Lam is an excellent school! We have seen a vast improvement in our children since sending them there. It's a giant family. Great environment!
- Posted by Parent - Krissa yochum
This has been a great school for our daughter. She is thriving there. The school offers something for every child. The classes are small and as a result the children become very close. I would recommend this school to any family looking for a private school education. The education is top notch but not only that they become excellent public speakers at a very young age.
- Posted by Parent - DTodd
LAM Christian Academy is an excellent school. We have been at the school for 5 years and are certain that it was the best choice for our children. Outstanding academic program enhanced with Latin, spanish, computers, technology/science, public speaking, and public drama performances. School culture is positive, loving, and safe. Atmosphere is solidly Christian with bible class, weekly chapel service, and daily class prayer.Our children are more than ready to move on to middle school both academically and spiritually after having attended LAM.We couldn't be more proud of our kids or more satisfied with our choice to have them attend LAM Christian Academy.
- Posted by Parent - proud parent
I would highly recommend LAM Christian Academy. My son has been attending the school for 4 years (pre-school through 2nd grade now). The academics are rigorous, the teachers are amazing, and the Christian environment is second to done. Small class sizes and a safe, positive environment are also great features of the school. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience has been so far.
- Posted by Parent - Annek
This is by far the best choice in private schools in the area. My son attended LAM from preschool through fifth grade (the school does not have a sixth grade, despite what the info on this site says). The curriculum is solid, the teachers are intelligent, communicative, caring role models, and the tuition is affordable. Best of all, they truly do share the love of Christ without making non-church goers feel like they''re getting beaten over the head with the whole thing. I wish this school went all through twelfth grade, because nothing compares to it.
- Posted by Parent - spiff
Excellent staff and curriculumn. Exceptional Music/Speech and Drama program...like no other in North Idaho.
- Posted by Teacher - sandy