Lamar Elementary School
- Lamar School's mission is to educate each individual by providing a challenging and purposeful college preparatory curriculum in a safe, respectful, Christian environment.
- A challenging curriculum taught by qualified faculty within a strong moral environment is the cornerstone of the Lamar School program.
- At Lamar, our focus is on the future, specifically in making sure a child reaches his/her goals.
- We provide a safe, supportive Christian learning environment promotes student achievement.
- Education is the key to all opportunities. An educational program's goal is to prepare students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners, and to realize their potential in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Grades: K-12 | 85 students
3917 7th St
Meridian, MS 39307
(601)483-2305 0.8 K-12
- Meridian Grades: PK-8 | 187 students
2700 Davis St
Meridian, MS 39301
(601)482-6044 0.1 PK-8
- Meridian Grades: K-8 | 32 students
6256 Highway 39 N
Meridian, MS 39305
(601)485-0715 4.6 K-8
- Meridian Grades: PK-12 | 421 students
1844d Highway 11 And 80
Meridian, MS 39301
(601)484-5888 1.7 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.