Lamar Elementary School
Tel: (601) 693-8111
- Lamar School's mission is to educate each individual by providing a challenging and purposeful college preparatory curriculum in a safe, respectful, Christian environment.
- A challenging curriculum taught by qualified faculty within a strong moral environment is the cornerstone of the Lamar School program.
- At Lamar, our focus is on the future, specifically in making sure a child reaches his/her goals.
- We provide a safe, supportive Christian learning environment promotes student achievement.
- Education is the key to all opportunities. An educational program's goal is to prepare students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners, and to realize their potential in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Meridian Grades: PK-6 | 203 students
3917 7th St
Meridian, MS 39307
(601) 483-2305 0.8 PK-6
- Meridian Grades: PK-8 | 139 students
2700 Davis St
Meridian, MS 39301
(601) 482-6044 0.1 PK-8
- Meridian Grades: K-8 | 32 students
6256 Highway 39 N
Meridian, MS 39305
(601) 485-0715 4.6 K-8
- Meridian Grades: PK-12 | 421 students
1844d Highway 11 And 80
Meridian, MS 39301
(601) 484-5888 1.7 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.