Little Red Hen Preschool & Kindergarten
- Little Red Hen School was founded in 1948 with the belief that children of preschool age can benefit from organized learning and social experiences outside the home.
- Our objective is for children to discover and develop their own abilities, interests and friendships as well as to learn the pleasures and responsibilities of being a group member.
- The goal is to create life long learners by exploration of study topics via books, computers, group discussion, imaginative play, community resources and a wide variety of activities.
- Our program is based on a belief in the uniqueness and intrinsic value of each child, student and staff member.
- We therefore strive to develop a program that will enhance the development of each child to the fullest extent possible.
- Our Program philosophy and objectives are based on the integration of a number of theories of child development and early education as well as on recent research findings.
- In general, this work suggests that the young child learns and develops through active involvement with the world.
- Through this active process the child constructs knowledge of the world around him that make sense in terms that he/she can understand.
- We also believe, based on child development theory and research, that the young children learn best when they have and are challenged to advance to new knowledge that is intrinsically interesting to them.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Little Red Hen Preschool & Kindergarten is Sargent Rehabilitation Center (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Greenwich Grades: PK-12 | 47 students
800 Quaker Ln
East Greenwich, RI 02818
(401)886-6653 1 PK-12
- West Warwick Grades: PK-K | 22 students
10 James P Murphy Ind Hwy
West Warwick, RI 02893
(401)823-5000 1.5 PK-K
- West Warwick Grades: K | 39 students
297 Cowesett Ave
West Warwick, RI 02893
(401)821-3200 1.8 K
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.