Lourdes Catholic School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (563) 359-3466
- Lourdes Catholic School strives to provide a faith-filled and outstanding learning environment where each student is encouraged to put his/her faith into action, to develop skills for a successful life, and to achieve his/her personal best.
- In addition to the core subjects, students attend computer, music, art, library, Spanish, and physical education classes.
- Students annually present a Christmas and Spring program. Students participate in mathematics contests, literary contests, Robotics programs, and parent-supervised scouting and sporting programs which include volleyball, basketball, and cheerleading.
- Lourdes Catholic School also has intramural programs, one for grades K-4 and one for grades 5-8.
- Other extracurricular activities include school newspaper, choir, band, mock trial, student council, academic club, Battle of the Books, debate, chess club, ski club, drama club, math counts, and math bee.
- Students also go on local and out-of-town study trips.
- Both faculty and students in true ecumenical spirit welcome all students into the Christian educational community of the school.
- Lourdes Catholic School admits students of any sex, race, color, national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded to the students of the school.
- Certificates of birth and baptism, as well as health records, are requested at the time of registration. Iowa law requires up-to-date immunizations prior to entry into school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Level I - Mild Learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$180|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||rates vary|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(tan or navy bottoms, girls plaid)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,200|
|Tuition Notes||discounted tuition for active parishioners of local Catholic churches.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Alongi|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer VandeVoorde|
|Endowment Size||$3.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Mock Trial, Robotics Team, Scouts, Ski Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, School Play, Variety Show
- Lourdes Catholic School is dedicated to providing an outstanding foundation for the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, technological, and physical neds of all individuals, preparing students for the future, while fostering a challenging environment of educational excellence.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bettendorf Grades: NS-12 | 233 students
1821 Sunset Dr
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563) 359-1366 0.3 NS-12
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 298.8 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 161.2 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 79.8 PK-8
Our family loves Lourdes. Our first child attends Lourdes and has flourished. We love the combination of education, faith, and community. We can't wait to send our second child there next year. We recommend this school anyone!
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca A.
My children have attended Lourdes Catholic School since 2013, and we love the great teachers and staff, the faith-based education, the caring and nurturing environment, and the wonderful community too!
- Posted by Parent - Angie K.
We have loved our experience at Lourdes. With 7 years under our belt and at least 14 more years before our youngest graduates, we're extremely happy with the decision to invest in our children's education at Lourdes. Lourdes is a family - if you're looking to be a part of a community of parents and teachers that cares for not only great education, but instilling morals and values, I highly recommend Lourdes Catholic School. I know that my kids are building a strong foundation for their future.
- Posted by Parent - Kristine Girskis
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.