Morning Star Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (563) 359-5700
- Morning Star offers a unique approach to Christian education that applies time-proven methods of instruction to a core content of knowledge.
- Our mission is to assist Christian parents in raising children who have a worldview based on God's word and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,310|
|Tuition Notes||Part-time preschool range $1,520-2,070. Half day kindergarten $3,810. 1st-8th grade $6,880. 9th-12th grade $7,310.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Mack|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Morning Star offers a unique approach to Christian education that applies time-proven methods of instruction to a core content of knowledge. Our mission is to assist Christian parents in raising children who have a worldview based on God's word and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bettendorf Grades: NS-12 | 233 students
1821 Sunset Dr
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563) 359-1366 2.1 NS-12
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 298 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 160.9 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 78.9 PK-8
From pre-school through high school, Morning Star Academy teaches truth, trains disciples, and transforms the community as it partners with families in bringing up the next generation of Christ-followers since 1994. The classical model meets children where they learn to begin in the grammar stage, where the building blocks of learning grown into a strong foundation of knowledge. As students move into the logic stage they learn how to develop the ability to determine fact from fallacy. In the rhetoric stage, students learn the rigors of organizing knowledge and argument skills into a well-thought, well-developed, and well-supported discourses on any subject. We are proud to have partnered with Morning Star Academy in educating our four children!
- Posted by Parent - Mattie Bee
The faculty of Morning Star has poured into my kids' lives - and we are better for it. The love of learning evident around our supper table is exactly what my wife, and I dreamed of as parents of young children. We knew our decision to attend was right when they'd come home and ask us if we had ever read Herodotus or Plato. (The answer was "No".) The work is rigorous, but the end is beautiful.
- Posted by Parent - David M
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.