Quad City Montessori School
Quad City Montessori School (QCMS) is dedicated to providing high-quality, private education based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician.
QCMS strives to instill a desire for life-long learning and developing respectful, responsible and self-reliant individuals.
To accomplish our goal, QCMS seeks to meet the social, intellectual, and emotional needs of each child by providing an individualized, child-directed, hands-on learning experience.
We are committed to providing a prepared classroom environment designed to meet the needs of the two-year-old child through 6th grade fostering a desire to learn and where learning becomes its own reward.
We believe the principle of freedom within limits guides independent learning.
We expect each person in our Montessori community to accept that freedom with due responsibility and respect.
We value the contributions of our students, teachers, administrators, parents, and Board of Directors.
Together, we will continue to provide a high quality, safe, nurturing Montessori environment.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 63 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,240
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 15%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Please see www.qcms.org for details on tuition.
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Girl Scout Troop
- The Quad City Montessori Association was founded in 1969 by a group of dedicated parents and remains a parent-owned and directed, not-for-profit corporation. Quad City Montessori School (QCMS) held its first classes in the fall of 1970, making it the first Montessori School in the area.
- Throughout the years, the school has continued to thrive with the support and dedicated effort of the Association and staff. Each parent of an enrolled student is a member of the Quad City Montessori Association with all of the privileges and responsibilities that may entail. Past parents are invited to join the association so they can continue to have a voice. Association fees are $25 each year.
- QCMS is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by and from the parents of our students. Parents play an active role in our facility, driving for field trips, conducting fundraising, attending parent education sessions, serving on committees, running for the Board of Directors, taking care of the building and site, and much more. Parents play a critical role in the operation of the school, so much so that we ask each family to donate a minimum number of hours each year to the school and its projects.
- Class Information - please see our website at www.qcms.org for details about our Toddler Program, Gross motor skills and practical life; Pre-Primary - New work, more manipulative & a larger community; Lower Elementary, The Great Lessons, field trips & projects; Upper Elementary, Homework, social skills & long-term projects; and, Liberal Arts, Foreign language studies, annual fine art show, summer gardening program, theater program, and a music program with private instruction available are only a small sampling of what QCMS students of all ages experience in our rich and diverse Liberal Arts program.
Endorse Quad City Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.