Quad City Montessori School
- Quad City Montessori School (QCMS) is dedicated to providing high-quality, private education based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician.
- QCMS strives to instill a desire for life-long learning and developing respectful, responsible and self-reliant individuals.
- To accomplish our goal, QCMS seeks to meet the social, intellectual, and emotional needs of each child by providing an individualized, child-directed, hands-on learning experience.
- We are committed to providing a prepared classroom environment designed to meet the needs of the two-year-old child through 6th grade fostering a desire to learn and where learning becomes its own reward.
- We believe the principle of freedom within limits guides independent learning.
- We expect each person in our Montessori community to accept that freedom with due responsibility and respect.
- We value the contributions of our students, teachers, administrators, parents, and Board of Directors.
- Together, we will continue to provide a high quality, safe, nurturing Montessori environment.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,240|
|Tuition Notes||Please see www.qcms.org for details on tuition.|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Bouslough|
|Admissions Associate||Elizabeth Bouslough|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Girl Scout Troop|
- The Quad City Montessori Association was founded in 1969 by a group of dedicated parents and remains a parent-owned and directed, not-for-profit corporation. Quad City Montessori School (QCMS) held its first classes in the fall of 1970, making it the first Montessori School in the area.
- Throughout the years, the school has continued to thrive with the support and dedicated effort of the Association and staff. Each parent of an enrolled student is a member of the Quad City Montessori Association with all of the privileges and responsibilities that may entail. Past parents are invited to join the association so they can continue to have a voice. Association fees are $25 each year.
- QCMS is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by and from the parents of our students. Parents play an active role in our facility, driving for field trips, conducting fundraising, attending parent education sessions, serving on committees, running for the Board of Directors, taking care of the building and site, and much more. Parents play a critical role in the operation of the school, so much so that we ask each family to donate a minimum number of hours each year to the school and its projects.
- Class Information - please see our website at www.qcms.org for details about our Toddler Program, Gross motor skills and practical life; Pre-Primary - New work, more manipulative & a larger community; Lower Elementary, The Great Lessons, field trips & projects; Upper Elementary, Homework, social skills & long-term projects; and, Liberal Arts, Foreign language studies, annual fine art show, summer gardening program, theater program, and a music program with private instruction available are only a small sampling of what QCMS students of all ages experience in our rich and diverse Liberal Arts program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bettendorf Grades: PK-12 | 220 students
1426 Tanglefoot Ln
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563)359-5700 1.6 PK-12
- Bettendorf Grades: NS-12 | 233 students
1821 Sunset Dr
Bettendorf, IA 52722
(563)359-1366 3.1 NS-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.