- Rivermont Collegiate is a private, nonsectarian, independent, multicultural, college preparatory, day school for students - preschool through grade 12 and boarding school for grades 9-12 - offering a nurturing, caring and safe environment where students develop intellect, character, and creativity.
- Located in Bettendorf, Iowa, Rivermont students come from many Quad City area communities.
- Rivermont Collegiate strives to prepare students who are grounded in the basics, yet able to think analytically and creatively, to confidently and enthusiastically meet the opportunities and challenges of the 21st Century.
- Graduates move on to some of the country's finest colleges and universities. Rivermont Collegiate is a day and boarding school.
Rivermont Collegiate places among the top 20% of private schools in Iowa for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$100|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||7 Weeks, $100/week, mornings or afternoons. $200 for mornings and afternoons. Different classes each week.|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Policies, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, United States Government & Politics, United States History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no uniforms, dress code only)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,990|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade. Please call Admission Office for specific tuition costs: 563-359-1366 X 302|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Phillip Dunbridge|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Martial Arts, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cheering,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Golf, Martial Arts,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club / Classes, Computer Club, Environmental Club, Homecoming Committee, MathCounts Team, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council, Student Hunger Drive Committee, World Cultures Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Show Choir, String Ensemble, Theater
- Rivermont Collegiate is Ranked #1 on the top 50 list of Iowa accredited public and nonpublic high schools on the Iowa AP (Advanced Placement) Index.
- Rivermont Collegiate students consistently score one or more grade levels above their peers in public school.
- 40% of Rivermont families receive some form of tuition discount.
- Rivermont Collegiate graduating classes maintain a 100% acceptance rate to 4-year colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 299 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 161.4 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 80 PK-8