Magnolia Speech School
- Magnolia Speech School exists to enable children with communication disorders to reach their full potential by providing them with listening, speaking and literacy skills.
- It is the belief of the Magnolia Speech School that the barriers imposed by deafness and language impairments can frequently be overcome through early identification and intervention.
- It is believed that these children need a specialized, self-contained classroom now in order to learn the language necessary to function in other academic settings later.
- These children must receive as much individualized instruction as possible; as well as full parental support and involvement.
- Parents and staff must work as a team with mutual trust and respect in order for the child to succeed.
- Magnolia Speech School treats the whole child by promoting success in learning, social interaction, emotional stability, and intellectual and physical development while emphasizing the concept of being a worthwhile individual.
- The educational program for each child is individually designed and emphasizes the development of communicative, cognitive and social skills, which will facilitate the child's integration into society.
- The staff is dedicated to the promotion of a positive attitude toward learning through positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- It is the ultimate goal of the school for the children to complete this program ready to enter other educational programs appropriate to their educational needs.
- At Magnolia Speech School, we believe that speech and oral language are every child's birthright.
- We feel that if it is possible for a child to develop oral communication skills, he should be given that opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|