Magnolia Speech School
Tel: (601) 922-5530
- Magnolia Speech School exists to enable children with communication disorders to reach their full potential by providing them with listening, speaking and literacy skills.
- It is the belief of the Magnolia Speech School that the barriers imposed by deafness and language impairments can frequently be overcome through early identification and intervention.
- It is believed that these children need a specialized, self-contained classroom now in order to learn the language necessary to function in other academic settings later.
- These children must receive as much individualized instruction as possible; as well as full parental support and involvement.
- Parents and staff must work as a team with mutual trust and respect in order for the child to succeed.
- Magnolia Speech School treats the whole child by promoting success in learning, social interaction, emotional stability, and intellectual and physical development while emphasizing the concept of being a worthwhile individual.
- The educational program for each child is individually designed and emphasizes the development of communicative, cognitive and social skills, which will facilitate the child's integration into society.
- The staff is dedicated to the promotion of a positive attitude toward learning through positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- It is the ultimate goal of the school for the children to complete this program ready to enter other educational programs appropriate to their educational needs.
- At Magnolia Speech School, we believe that speech and oral language are every child's birthright.
- We feel that if it is possible for a child to develop oral communication skills, he should be given that opportunity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.