Manhattan Day School
- At Manhattan Day School, academic rigor is met and matched by all that is pedagogically creative and dynamic.
- Innovative approaches to secular and Judaic studies coexist harmoniously. Growth is wed to commitment, with teachers, children, and parents empowering each other to succeed.
- Bolstered by an atmosphere of loving communal support, individualized academic attention thrives.
- Every student, regardless of strength or weakness, talent or need, is considered a valued member of the Manhattan Day School (MDS) community And every student is taught at an individual level that makes the best learning possible.
- Our philosophy and approach are to treat your children as if they were our children and to extend our embrace to your entire family.
- And because we believe our responsibility begins in the beautiful dreams you have for your daughters and sons, we are committed to passing on to them the spiritual underpinnings that bring the full spectrum of Torah values to life.
- Our goal is for each child to graduate from Manhattan Day School as a mensch, with a story to tell of success, and each with a lifelong love of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language based Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||526 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cindy Sherman|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 882 students
20 W End Ave
New York, NY 10023
(212)246-7717 0.7 NS-12
- New York Grades: NS-5 | 251 students
416 E 80th St
New York, NY 10075
(212)879-2296 1.8 NS-5
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 380 students
146 W 13th St
New York, NY 10011
(212)242-7802 3.2 PK-8
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.