Our team of teachers have over 100 years of experience teaching in McHenry! Our passion and dedication to education shine everyday through the eyes of each child!.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to McHenry KinderCare serving families in McHenry, Johnsburg, WonderLake, and Woodstock communities. We offer an amazing curriculum and educational tools for each age group to support learning and development. Our Preschool curriculum works in alignment with our local schools to ensure Kindergarten readiness for every child. Before and After School Program is offered throughout the school year, while our Summer Camp program for ages Preschool and up provide perfect solutions for families who need care during school break. For a full listing of schools that we transport, please see our Map and Directions tab. At our school, we have exceptional, long-term teachers who are passionate about teaching and caring for children. It is very important to all of us at KinderCare to encourage strong family and community involvement through: Open Houses, Parent Events, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Curriculum Nights and Special Programs designed for children. We are proudly accredited by the National Accreditation Council since 2013. Please visit the accreditation tab below to view more information on high quality programs. We hope to see you soon!
We take the safety of all the children in our care very seriously at our school. From daily parent and teacher sign in, to strict parent or guardian identification and single keypad access, we maintain a rigorous standard for safety so that our families can have true piece of mind.
Maintaining a healthy and clean environment is of upmost importance. Our teachers are very proud to keep their classrooms clean by using a cleaning checklist daily. After hours, we also have the support of a professional cleaning crew.
Our school has a designated person to make sure that all health and safety rules and policies are being followed. This Health and Safety Coordinator provides training and follows a monthly safety calendar to ensure that each classroom is up to date.
We ask that our families help keep all children safe and healthy by only bringing well children to school and picking up promptly if children show illness symptoms at school. We work together as a team to maintain a safe and healthy environment of all of our children. Please call our school to get more information. We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Spanish
- State and County Subsidy
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for McHenry KinderCare?
The application deadline for McHenry KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse McHenry KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.