Meadowbrook Waldorf School
- Meadowbrook Waldorf School offers Waldorf Education for children in prekindergarten through Grade 8, with additional programs for younger children and their caregivers. Waldorf Education was founded in 1919 and is distinguished by its unique, interdisciplinary approach. MWS has been offering this rigorous academic curriculum, infused with rich artistic activities and engaging practical experiences, to students in Rhode Island and Southeastern Connecticut since 1979.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Yes, dress code exists)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,750|
|Tuition Notes||Different tuition for Early Childhood based on program choice.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Christine Martuscello|
- The Waldorf curriculum is a social education that unites academics, the arts, movement, practical work, and a deep respect for the natural world.
- Based on anthroposophical principles, our education meets and supports heathy developmental phases of the individual child for life.
- We strive of offer this education to those who seek it here and invite a community that reflects the breadth and diversity of humanity.
- We endevor to nurture living organizational structures which cultivate relationships based on respect, trust, and love for the developing human being.
- The members of our community support the mission of the school so that the ideals of Waldorf Education have a certain and secure future in Rhode Island.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Meadowbrook delivers the classic Waldorf curriculum on a beautiful country campus. Strong academic and arts program, developing well-rounded, confident students who love to come to school and love to learn.
- Posted by Parent - diana
Wonderful alternative education that teaches to all the intelligences. Strong music, art, and nature programs. I have three children at the school and all three of them adore their teachers. Amazing community of families - you want your children to grow up with these children.
- Posted by Parent - kmore