The Pennfield School
5.00 (1 review)
- When you walk into The Pennfield School, you see the words "Joy, Understanding, and Respect" over the main entry.
- These are the three words that define the School and its philosophy.
- While the building is new and sits on 19 breath-taking acres, the School holds true to its traditional roots and its values.
- A family-oriented school, Pennfield creates a partnership among all its members.
- Children leave Pennfield having acquired a true love of learning and a confidence to excel at the secondary school level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants and collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,890|
|Tuition Notes||$11985 for full day PS and PK . Can do 2 or 3 day PS as well for less. $17380 K $18,075 1st-5th $20,686 6th-8th|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kristin Emory|
- The Pennfield School creates a safe, nurturing environment for all of its students. Children gain confidence in themselves through a process of teaching which is both creative, hands-on, and positive. Each child gains a voice and an audience while at the School. Performances and Assembly Speeches are a part of the educational process, which develop solid public speaking skills. Pennfield is a joyous, happy place and a school which students often refer to as a "second home."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport Grades: PK-8 | 207 students
180 Rhode Island Ave
Newport, RI 02840
(401)849-5970 5.2 PK-8
- Portsmouth Grades: K | 5 students
1985 East Main Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871
(401)683-5850 2.4 K
Pennfield School is an amazing nurturing environment and so much more! The classes are small and curriculum's offer a respectful differentiated teaching for the students. There are numerous extracurricular activities to choose from but most important is the sense of community. Not only is the school on a beautiful campus in a new facility, everyone treats one another with respect and kindness and instills that in our children. I feel very fortunate to have such a great school in our area!
- Posted by Parent - suzan
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.