Mercymount Country Day School
Our state-of-the art computer lab contains 24 computer stations; 8 additional computers are located in the media center; every classroom has 2 computers and the second floor has access to a 24-station laptop cart.
Music classes for all students, chorus, band, handbells and drama practice are all held in the spacious new music room, equipped with 5 MAC stations loaded with Garage Band software for composing and recording music.
PreK students enjoy their bright & sunny room, having moved up the hill to the 'big school' after many years of being housed in a separate small building on the property.
The school celebrated our 60th year of education with a mass & birthday party on September 13, 2008. Alumni blew out candles after an encore performance in honor of the school's Mercy tradition.
Our annual Gallery Night held in June is a spectacular display of the year's artwork created by the entire student body.
- Mercymount Country Day School, a private Catholic elementary school (preschool through 8th grade) sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas (RSM).
- Faithful to Catholic educational tradition, Mercymount Country Day School, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, ensures the development of strong academic skills, nurtures creative abilities, creates a sense of community and promotes social responsibility. In the spirit of Catherine McAuley, we affirm that each child is a unique gift of a loving God, open to God's presence in others and in all creation.
- The school aims to foster a sense of personal worth and appreciation of the worth of others.
- This basic principle of Jesus Christ flows from oral tradition and Sacred Scripture itself.
- The Sisters of Mercy historically have encouraged each person to the call of Jesus to love oneself and others, to be the best one can be with the gifts, talents and grace provided and to give generously of him/herself to the less fortunate.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Network for Mercy Education
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||The Learning Center is our resource office for all grades.|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(blue pants & white polo (boys); plaid jumpers & blouses (girls); middle school - khaki pants & polos (boys), plaid skirts & polos (girls))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,050|
|Tuition Notes||See website: http://www.mercymount.org/Academic/TuitionAid.htm|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Biddyball (basketball skills for grades 1-3), Chorus, Drama Production, Flag Football, Girls Scouts / Boys Scouts, Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, Soccer (grades 1-3), Student Council, T-ball (grades 1-3)|
Club or Organization:
Friends of Mercy, Teens Living for Christ (TLC)
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Drop-In Art, Private Music Lessons, Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Instructional Baseball - gr 1-3, Lacrosse (grade 1-3)
- A Mercymount education is synonymous with quality private education at an affordable price.
- Today with over twenty classrooms, a gymnasium, a library, and art, music, computer, and resource rooms, we are considered a showcase of learning. In 2006, we completed construction of a new, state of the art, addition to the school that houses a new computer lab and classroom, a media center, new art and music classrooms, 3 kindergarten classrooms, a preschool classroom and new administrative offices. In 2011, Foundress Hall was opened as a Middle School complex that includes four new classrooms, two restrooms, a chapel and elevator. Bleachers with permanent seating for 272 people were installed in the summer of 2014 along with 4 height adjustable, swing-arm basketball backboards. A new playground area (as of fall 2014), outdoor basketball hoops, and a parking lot for 112 cars complete the school property.
- The student body is coeducational and made up of various ethnic groups. Mercymount admits students regardless of any race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin.
- The administration, faculty and staff number over 45 people who consist of lay men and women as well as religious men and women.
- Busing is available from the towns of Cumberland, Woonsocket & North Smithfield in Rhode Island.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumford Grades: PK-8 | 226 students
42 Bishop Ave
Rumford, RI 02916
(401)434-2338 11.7 PK-8
- Johnston Grades: PK-8 | 304 students
931 Atwood Ave
Johnston, RI 02919
(401)944-2993 15 PK-8
- Attleboro Grades: NS-12 | 232 students
1052 Newport Ave
Attleboro, MA 02703
(508)761-5552 7.6 NS-12
- East Providence Grades: PK-5 | 98 students
100 Grove Avenue
East Providence, RI 02914
(401)434-6913 13.3 PK-5
- Woonsocket Grades: PK-8 | 349 students
64 Hamlet Avenue
Woonsocket, RI 02895
(401)762-1095 5.1 PK-8
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.