Mercymount Country Day School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (401) 333-5919
- Mercymount Country Day School, a private Catholic elementary school (preschool through 8th grade) sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas (RSM).
- Faithful to Catholic educational tradition, Mercymount Country Day School, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, ensures the development of strong academic skills, nurtures creative abilities, creates a sense of community and promotes social responsibility. In the spirit of Catherine McAuley, we affirm that each child is a unique gift of a loving God, open to God's presence in others and in all creation.
- The school aims to foster a sense of personal worth and appreciation of the worth of others.
- This basic principle of Jesus Christ flows from oral tradition and Sacred Scripture itself.
- The Sisters of Mercy historically have encouraged each person to the call of Jesus to love oneself and others, to be the best one can be with the gifts, talents and grace provided and to give generously of him/herself to the less fortunate.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Network for Mercy Education
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||The Learning Center is our resource office for all grades.|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Elementary School: Blue Pants & White Polo Shirts (Boys); Plaid Jumpers & Blouses (Girls); Middle School: Khaki Pants & Polos (Boys), Plaid Skirts & Polos (Girls))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||See website: https://www.mercymount.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Friends of Mercy, Girls Scouts / Boys Scouts, Mock Trial, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Teens Living for Christ (TLC)
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorus, Drama Production, Drop-In Art, Private Music Lessons, Violin Lessons
- A Mercymount education is synonymous with quality private education at an affordable price.
- Today with over twenty classrooms, a gymnasium, a library, and art, music, computer, and resource rooms, we are considered a showcase of learning. In 2006, we completed construction of a new, state of the art, addition to the school that houses a new computer lab and classroom, a media center, new art and music classrooms, 3 kindergarten classrooms, a preschool classroom and new administrative offices. In 2011, Foundress Hall was opened as a Middle School complex that includes four new classrooms, two restrooms, a chapel and elevator. Bleachers with permanent seating for 272 people were installed in the summer of 2014 along with 4 height adjustable, swing-arm basketball backboards. A new playground area (as of fall 2014), outdoor basketball hoops, and a parking lot for 112 cars complete the school property.
- The student body is coeducational and made up of various ethnic groups. Mercymount admits students regardless of any race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin.
- The administration, faculty and staff number over 45 people who consist of lay men and women as well as religious men and women.
- Busing is available from the towns of Cumberland, Woonsocket & North Smithfield in Rhode Island.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rumford Grades: PK-8 | 190 students
42 Bishop Ave
Rumford, RI 02916
(401) 434-2338 11.7 PK-8
- Barrington Grades: PK-K | 76 students
303 Sowams Rd
Barrington, RI 02806
(401) 245-4754 18.6 PK-K
We have been very pleased with the education our daughter has received at Mercymount. The academic program is cutting-edge and prepares students well for what they'll experience in high school and beyond, both in terms of academic skills as well as life skills like emotional maturity and leadership. Teachers are dedicated and go above-and-beyond every day, the campus is beautiful and there are many options for enrichment programs in art, music and sports. A wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.